Saturday, May 25, 2024

Craft Day!!!

 I finally got some work done on my Spring carrots.  Spring will be over with by the time I get them finished....but hopefully I'll get them done  this weekend........it's a free pattern at Shabby Fabrics... 

This past week I finished the bathroom by hanging pictures and putting down some new rugs.  I only need one more rug and then I will show you those.  Here are the pictures I hung......The cardinal and the botanical are decoupage pictures I did 40 or 50 years ago....the one of the squirrel was an embroidery from a friend of mine years ago.  The one on the right is decoupage but I bought it at a garage sale...again....years ago.  The metal vent in the middle is a heater.  I have heaters in both bathrooms for when you get out of the tub or shower. 

I've started on my bedroom and I'm about a 1/3 done with it.  

Colorado Cross Stitcher who has a podcast and a brick and mortar store has Cross Stitch Spring Camp 2024 starting in June and a free badge pattern for May to get ready.  You can read all about the challenges on her latest podcast.  There are prizes to win and an Instagram hashtag to post and also see what everyone else is doing.  I started on the badge but I am doing different colors and maybe making a few changes...........

I've picked out my June XS piece from a free pattern on Melisa's blog, Pinker and Punkin....she just posted gobs of patriotic pieces she has designed and she generously gives them away just be sure and credit her if you post something made from one of her designs.  The one I chose for Memorial Day is Patriotic Chickens...so cute.  I'll show you when I have it all kitted up.  Thank you, Melisa!!!

I hope I get more creating done tomorrow and then there's Monday, Memorial Day so there will be 3 days of making!  Stop back and see what I get done.

Happy Trails!!!
 



6 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Patriotic Chickens sound adorable! I can't wait to see them.

Susan said...

Your bathroom sounds very pretty!

Happy crafting on your 3 days!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have fun for the weekend!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such pretty fabrics that you have chosen for the carrots. Your bathroom wall is decorated so pretty. I adore the decoupaged pieces and the squirrel embroidery is adorable. Your cross stitch camp badge is looking great. I am so touched that you will be stitching one of my designs for camp. Eeeh! I can not wait to see your progress. I hope you enjoy each and every stitch. Have a wonderful day . Hugs.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Hi Miss Merry - I read your blog post but it wouldn't let me comment...I'll email you.

Thank you, Susan. I have to catch up with you and the rest of the gang!

Far Side - I hope you have a fun weekend too!

Melissa - I can't wait to start on those chickens!!! So cute! I love your quilts too. I'm all about scrappy quilts. You have a great day too!!!

Betsy said...

It sounds like you have a fun weekend of crafting planned. I like the bathroom wall. The little squirrel is cute! :-) Take care and I hope the storms are avoiding your area.
Blessings,
Betsy