Thursday, May 23, 2024

Paraphernalia!!!

 This week is not going so well or it is just a continuation of last week?  The expenses just keep adding up.  It was the lawyer and then she said I had to call the title company and they are charging me $350 and  then when I looked out the window the other morning some LARGE animal left 2 big piles of  poop on my back steps.  Then I went to go pick up my grocery order and I had a flat tire.  I called AAA and they showed up about 3 hours later.  At least I was at home and not stranded on the road somewhere.  My spare was flat so they pumped up my real flat tire with 42 psi as opposed to the 32 it usually takes.  He said to take it to my mechanic and they would patch it.  My mechanic is 45 minutes away but he said I would make it and I did.  2 hours after that and more money, my spare was fixed (BTW it was a farriers nail...what?  How did I get that?) and my tire.  So I picked up my groceries and got home about 4:00 p.m.!  I put away the perishables and crashed.  I hadn't eaten all day so I got my pj's on and heated up my supper and ate in bed while watching Virgin River.  It was the end of the series so now I'm watching Click Bait on Netflix.  Olivia from Pumpkin Hollow said they were addicted to it.

 The one really nice thing that happened was I got a surprise present from my BFF in Vermont.....look at all this!  She made the little basket with the intarsia heart on it and inside is the cutest needle felted dog! 

She sent me a woven potholder, a little wooden box with her Vermont mountains and a little pop up dragonfly.......all of it so precious and she always gets handmade things or makes them herself which means so much!  Thank you BFF!

She got me going with the potholder thing because I have wanted to make them and then sew them together into rugs....so, of course I ordered a loom and enough loops to make 2 potholders.  I also called the company and found out they are machine washable in cold water and you can dry them in the dryer.
Plus, she told me about a FB group, and Piglets which has free patterns and then I went on Pinterest.  I spent the entire afternoon going down that rabbit hole! LOL!  But it was fun.

 As for the paraphernalia.....I got these cleaning aids from Amazon.......These are crevice cleaners.  I got the colored ones as one will be for bathrooms, one for kitchen and the other one probably for floor corners.........I've used old toothbrushes in the past but these are much stifffer....

then I got The Pink Stuff....have any of you used this?  Clutterbug podcast recommended it for cleaning the oven..........but it can be used for lots of things plus it is 99% natural, non-toxic, non-hazardous and not tested on animals...thank goodness!

 That's all for now........

Happy Trails!!!


8 comments:

Between Me and You said...

Deary me what a week you're having. Hope the weekend calms down for you. Really admire you for getting through it all on your own(not patronising for I am the same!?). I've just paid out top dollar (or GBP!) for my annual car check up. At least I know it'll last another year! Yay for BFF's sending gifts. They lift you up. The Pink Stuff is incredible for everything. I like that it's non toxic.It comes as a cream cleaner too, rather than the paste.Have a good relaxing weekend.I loved Virgin River in the beginning but think it got a bit silly lately.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh my what a day. I can see why you would be ready to put on your pjs and enjoy your supper in bed. Adorable little puppy. What a sweet friend to brighten your day. I adore the woven pot holder; I purchased a loom a few years ago. They are addictive to make. Good to know they can be placed in the dryer. I wish you a very lovely weekend. Hugs.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes I have used the pink stuff at the kid's rental to clean the oven and the stove top...good stufF! Wowza you had a week. Hope that is behind you now:)

Miss Merry said...

What a day you had! I'm so glad your tires are fixed and ready to go. What cute gifts from your Bff, too. I know that brightened your spirits!

Betsy said...

You have had a time of it. Lets hope it will now settle down. Those crevice brushes look interesting and your gifts from your BFF are so heartfelt and beautiful.
Blessings,
Betsy

Susan said...

What a bad start to a day - but the gifts would have lifted your spirits.

Becki said...

That sounds like quite the day, Sam. I'm glad you were able to get comfy when you got home and were finally able to take care of yourself. The gifts from your BFF are wonderful. What good timing, too.

Jeanna said...

What an ordeal of a day you had. Well, I claim that all the bad stuff is behind and the remainder of your year is going to be fantastic! Your friend in Vermont sent some lovely gifts.