Tuesday, May 28, 2024

What a weekend!

 I spent Saturday night in the basement....well, not the whole night.  We had tornado warnings. I don't go down  there for anything else, but a warning will get me hustling to the basement!  We dodged a bullet but many did not this past week.  Nebraska, Iowa, and Saturday night it was Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Bless all those people who lost so much.

Yesterday, was a nice day and my lawn man came and mowed and it looks and smells so nice.  I think the cicadas are starting to wane....thank goodness!  We have so many they fly in your face....ick!  I got a little crafting done but not as much as I wanted to.  I had laundry to do, garbage to get out, and a kitchen to clean up.  But after that I started my Patriotic Chickens cross stitch designed by Melisa of Pinker and Punkin blog fame.  Her patterns are free on her blog and she has so many beautiful ones and quilting and embroidery too! I didn't get too far but it is a lovely little stitch........

Here's my progress..........

I worked some more on the carrots but still not finished............they're starting to look more like carrots though.....

I also prepped the March Anniversaries of the Heart that I will start today....I am so far behind!  Oh well, I also forgot to take a picture of the bonus block that I finished.  I will show you that tomorrow.

My sweet tooth was bugging me so I thought of making carrot cupcakes (I had carrots on the brain evidently) but then I was perusing one of my Blackbird Designs XS book and lo and behold they had a recipe for Apple Cheese Dessert....hmm...it sounded easy and interesting so I went uptown and got the ingredients and came home and threw that puppy together.  It was very easy and tasty!  I'll be making it again....it's not a "pretty" dessert but taste is what I care about.  I will share the recipe tomorrow as I have to get going right now. 

My daughter is always teasing me that I love my grands more than her....here is the comeback!  So true!

Have a wonderful day my friends!

Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

Betsy said...

I love that last meme. It's SO true. I'm glad that you made it through the warnings okay. It's definitely been an active spring hasn't it? The online weather guy says that June "should" be quieter. I sure hope so. I'm tired of tornado warnings too.
That cross stitch is really a cute one. The carrots are coming along too. I'm looking forward to the dessert recipe because it sure sounds good. Can you tell it's getting close to lunch-time and I'm getting really hungry since I skipped breakfast?
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Becki said...

Oh my goodness. I'm not a grandparent, but I imagine that quote is true! Glad you came through the storms safely, Sam. It's been fairly quiet here this spring, but we live in tornado country too, and just the threat can be frightening. Looking forward to seeing what those carrots are for. You make cute and fun stuff, Sam. You always get my wheels turning.

Miss Merry said...

Yes, and anything we were afraid of doing wrong as parents, we don't worry about doing wrong as grandparents - we know it will turn out okay!

I love those patriotic chickens. So cute! And the carrots are turning out so cool, too.

We all the sudden had tornado warnings the other night. It does make your heart jump.

Leftycrafter said...

I am so glad you have not been affected by those horrible tornados and storms going through the Midwest. They are the reason I no longer live in Kansas. Your crafting is always so much fun to watch. You find some of the greatest free xs patterns. We do not have cicadas where we live. However, I do remember their songs when I lived in KS, TX and apA. The shell they leave behind always kind of grossed me out. Yuck!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I agree we love the Grands because they remind us of their parents:)

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

I am so glad that you are safe and all is well in your neighborhood. The storms moved through our area Monday night ; thankfully there was not damage. The cicadas are still buzzing here but we are seeing lots of dead ones. It is so exciting to see your Stars , Stripes and Chickens- great start! Thank you so much for adding it to your stitching list. I look forward to seeing you BBD bonus block and for the yummy looking recipe. Have an awesome evening. hugs.