Wednesday, July 24, 2024

A Little Trip Down Memory Lane.....

 Not to make anyone feel bad but today it is 5  years since my son Jim died.  He would be 43 years old....hard to believe.  I am not organized with photos like Far Side of Fifty.  I could have spent all day going through a big tote filled with pictures in no order whatsoever!  LOL!  But here are some cute ones of Jim and the rest of the gang when they were little and I was much younger! 

We used to go up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin during the summer as we lived in Rockford, IL and it was only about 45 minutes away.  We have great memories of spending the day at the beach and watching the fireworks on the lake in the evening.....Jim was so cute

 Jim and I.........
Here's the whole gang except dad taking the picture...from left to right; Benjamin, Christopher, me, Jim, and Amy

I think all Mother's wish their children could remain little forever but alas those years are short lived...

We love you and miss you Jim....XXXOOO

Happy Trails!!!

P.S.  Okay, I cannot tell a lie...there were some tears shed making this post.



10 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I know it must be a sad day for you. What a cutie your Jim was, I hope the good memories help you.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, Connie.

Jeanna said...

Beautiful family. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking us down memory lane with you. We are here for you. Hugs, Jeanna

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you,Jeanna. I appreciate your friendship for sure.

Cousin Kay said...

Hugs:(

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oh Sam, I am so very sorry. I know there is a whole in your heart that will never mend. Such sweet photos of Jim with you and the family. Hold on to those warm memories. Sending you a warm hug . You are in my prayers.

Betsy said...

Sam, your family pictures are so wonderful. You have beautiful children. I know today has been difficult for you. Jim was so young and things sometimes just don't make sense to us. I hope you feel the huge hugs we're giving you right now.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

My heart breaks for you today. It's hard to believe how much time has gone by when we look at old snapshots of our children. Those precious times go by in a flash. It is the saddest part of life to lose a child. Jim is remembered by all of us.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you to all of you...it makes it easier to know you all care so much.

Susan said...

feeling sad for you - how wonderful to look back on the photos though.