Thursday, July 25, 2024

Finally getting organized!!!

 Not everything but some things....like my cross stitch.  Here are the containers I am housing my cross stitch charts and works in progress.  I have 2 containers full of WIPs and  one container full of charts.  I did not buy all of these charts.  I was gifted many when I joined a Stitch Mania Group on Facebook.  I wanted to participate in Stitch Mania but I had just started back into cross stitch so many very generous people sent me charts, fabric, and kits.  It was amazing and I was/am so grateful.  I do have lots of WIPs though and need to work on finishing them.  That's what the rotation is for.  I can't say I won't start new projects but I will try and rein it in! LOL!

Here are my containers......I used to use those big containers but at my age I can no longer lift them much less attempt to carry them up or down from the basement so I have switched  to these smaller containers which I can manage....

Here are the charts............

The labels I use are from IMAGAME on Amazon and are 3"x5"clear adhesive index card pockets.  I love them for labeling and you can swap out the index cards if you change the contents.

My floss is now being organized in snack bags with index cards inside with the DMC number.  I still have the hand-dyed flosses to organize and I hope I have room...

That's my cross stitch organization and I'm so glad it's done as it was all over the house and I couldn't find things.  

A quick note about a great book that Far Side of Fifty read and recommended..... I gave it 5 out of 5!

It was a great book.  I would include the synopsis that Amazon puts out but I think they tell way too much about the story.   
 

Just a note:

Happy Trails!!!



17 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Wow! That's a lot of xs WIPs. How nice to have a choice of which ones you are going to work on. You will never be bored! Good job on the organization.

Jeanna said...

You are doing great with your cross stitch organization. I have been working on mine and hope to share about it next week.

Cousin Kay said...

I loved "Remarkably Bright Creatures" also. The author lives in Wheaton!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am so glad you liked the book:0 You are getting organized!! Good for you.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Great job on organizing your cross stitch items. I need to do the same. I struggle with how to store my WIPS. Have a great evening.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I know that's a lot of WIPs! I had no idea myself! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Great! Maybe I can pick up some tips from you. There's always room for improvement!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I know it said she lived in Chicago...but Wheaton isn't Chicago..they should be more accurate. Thanks for telling me. Any great book recommendations like that one?

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

It was great...the only problem with a great book is they are over too soon!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Eventually, I may organize them all by season and maybe put them in a file cabinet...but for now at least they're together in one place.

Miss Merry said...

It seems like most of your followers think this is a lot of UFOS. Well, I would hate to take pictures of mine. I did transfer them to see through containers, - undone quilts, counted cross stitch, needlepoint, plastic needlepoint. And not all of the millions of containers are mine. I come from a long line of women who have UFO's. I believe the oldest unfinished quilt blocks are my great grandmothers. If you are down to this many projects - I Salute You! LOL

Cousin Kay said...

Did you ever read "Bel Canto" by Ann Pattchet? Not like "Remarkably Bright Creatures" but a book I think everyone would like.

Betsy said...

That is a lot of WIP's but I know that eventually you'll get them finished. You are so organized and now know where everything is. Whoo-hoo!
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

Love your organisational skills. I thought retirement was supposed to be restful? I'm finding the reverse! The book sounds good. Have a good weekend.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you so much! It's a good feeling not be alone in my many UFO's...lol!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

If you saw my ho use you would not say that! LOL! But I appreciate the fact that you think I am organized....lol!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I know! What happened to "The Golden Years"?