Sunday, July 28, 2024

Movin' and groovin'!!!

 Well , the pity party is over and I got to work!  I started cleaning my  porch which has become a catch all for everything from gardening equipment, pots for plants, books, boxes, and picture hanging tools, and more.  I usually start in one corner and just go around the room.  I worked on it yesterday and today and filled 2 garbage bags and the rest was taken to it's original destination.  I unearthed my wicker rocking chair and Miss Peeps has been napping in it ever since.

What I didn't show you were the treasures I got last week.  New shoes which are really comfortable and good for my walking...........Asics....my favorite shoes of all time!  My original pair is over 20 years old and I still use them for yard work and they are still my favorite pair despite the way they look.

Here is the new pair............

I can't recommend them highly enough and there are lots of colors for men and women......

I also got a rechargeable rope light which I use in my bedroom as the lamp doesn't shine on my handwork or book when I''m reading...this works slick and there are three brightness levels and you can direct the light where you want it....

Plus, more containers of the smaller size that I can lift and tote......

As for cross stitch....I worked on the Star for my 5 day rotation this past week......I ran out of one color of floss so I need to order it...this is the second to the last row when finished there will be 16 stars total......

I worked on the March Anniversaries of the Heart and finally finished the beast of a house........there's still more to go but I am glad to be done with the house........

Today I'm working on the Patriotic Chickens which I will show you tomorrow.  It's going to be a hot one this coming week here in Arkansas.  They already have a heat warning out for tomorrow.

Have you been watching the Olympics?  I love them and especially the equestrian events.  When I rode I was learning dressage and hoping to get to jumping and eventing but unfortunately I got RA and that put a kabosh on those plans.  I was a little late to the party anyway plus it's an expensive hobby but at least I got to experience it for awhile.

Happy Trails!!!






9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

You made good progress on your XS. How nice to have your porch cleaned off again. My front porch need attention but it is way too hot to even sit out there. Once it cools off I will get thenrickersnall cleaned up sonI can work in my projects while enjoying the fresh air.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like you are feeling better, hang in there Sam!

Miss Merry said...

I clean the same way - I pick a corner and work clockwise around the room. I am the Queen of Piles and I never know what I might uncover! You are doing great on the cross stitch. It has been fun to watch the stars appear.

Betsy said...

The cross stitch is doing great. Love the different colors of stars. I'm glad you're feeling better and able to be busy again. You're brave going onto the porch to clean. I'm staying in the AC as much as possible. We also have a heat warning the next two days at least. I also like your shoes. I need to get a new pair of tennis shoes. I rarely wear real shoes, just flip flops. I even wore them all winter long last winter! Have a wonderful Monday Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I have an enclosed porch like a Florida room, I guess but I don't heat it or air condition it but if I open the door the ac goes in there and it is okay to work in there. It has lots of windows with screens but I never open them.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Thank you....I appreciate it.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I thought I was the Queen of Piles? I keep trying not to put things on the floor but everything ends up there...in piles! LOL!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I have AC or I wouldn't be out there cleaning! LOL! We have excessive heat warning here too. Stay inside! Hugs ~ Sam

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Both of your cross stitches are looking fabulous, Sam. The stars reminds me of a hooked rug- so so pretty. I have never seen the rope light before- what a nifty gadget. Have a lovely evening. Hugs.