Saturday, July 20, 2024

Back in the saddle again!!!

Another "unusual" week.  Retirement is a full time job when you're as old as I am! LOL!  I had 2 tests this week at 2 different hospitals.  Monday I had a bone density scan and Friday I had a CT scan.  I managed to keep up with meals, laundry, and watering, walks, and caring for Miss Peeps but not much else.  I  have no results yet but I'm pretty sure I have an overactive bladder!  I can't get anything done as every time I get up I have to head to the bathroom.  Supposedly, they have treatments for it which would be great as I am up 4-5 times in the night too.  Geez Louise!  But, it could be much worse so I'll deal with it.

Meanwhile, I did organize all my XS WIPs and listed them and I am listing all the patterns/charts I have to.  I will show you when finished which hopefully will be this weekend.  I have some more floss to organize also.  But in organizing, I was able to find my Star XS and the Patriotic Chickens which I had misplaced and Grayson's Wolf.  So, back to my rotation schedule!

Here's the progress made this week on Anniversaries of the Heart March.......the last 2 windows and the door are done and the steps......now I'll fill in the rest of the house.........

Grayson's Wolf was worked on for 5 days this week and I am pretty much finished with the first page (of 4 pages  OMG).  I have figured out that there are paintings that people pixelate and turn into cross stitch patterns but I don't care for them....they are difficult to stitch and I don't think they turn out as nice as ones that are designed for cross stitch.  It can be done nicely as is evidenced by sampler reproductions but this one, to me, could have been designed better and with more attention but then, what do I know.  I love my grandson but this is not a cross stitch that I enjoy working on.     For example...what are the white patches on the face?  Strange.....
 
I also found my Patriotic Chickens and I worked on them a bit today..........a Pinker and Punkin design...so cute!!!  See the bag on the right?  My daughter gave me this bag with chickens on it.  Perfect for the patriotic chickens....

I received a treasure this week too..........looking forward to Fall and Halloween!!!  This is a kit that contains everything for both little quilts........I got it from Farmgirl Drygoods............


Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good to hear that you are doing okay and just busy! Hope the tests are okay.

Miss Merry said...

Thanks for checking in, Sam. Mr Merry is in the spiral of tests, but I think we are finally wrapping things up. I hope they can get that bladder straightened out. That has to be so frustrating!

Susan said...

Gosh, you have been in the wars....I hope life can settle a bit now - up every 2 hours is so fun!
Still making good progress on your lovely projects - I am sure the dog will come together OK in the end.

Becki said...

It's good to hear how you're doing, Sam. The wolf cross stitch looks pretty cool, even if I don't know what the white spaces are on the face. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished picture.

Jeanna said...

Nice to see you are back in the saddle. Your house is coming right along. That wolf piece is quite large but you've made good progress on it. Melisa has the cutest designs. Those little quilts wwill be fun to make.