Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Allergies and more!

 I never had allergies but as I get older there's a lot of things I was never bothered by that bother me now! LOL!  I'm sneezing and my eyes are bothering me big time!  It's been a busy but productive week so far.  Monday was the twice a year garbage pickup where they'll take just about anything except electronics or chemicals and paint. I hauled out the mowing trailer and an old heavy wheelbarrow.  My neighbor came over and took them both!  It's only the 2nd time I've ever seen him since he moved in several years ago. I welcomed him to the neighborhood by going over and introducing myself and taking him a dishcloth and a loaf of homemade bread and that was the last time I saw him! LOL!  Those days are done now especially with Covid.

I made a menu and grocery list and got my order in for pickup yesterday.  It's an all day event by the time I  unload, debag in the garage and then bring in slowly and disinfect everything and then put it all away...whew!  I watered the plants and fed the hummers and I was done for the day.

I was able to get more items for my bug-out bag or as some call it a 72 hour bag.........I got travel sizes of shampoo, body wash, body cream, toothpaste and toothbrush, hairspray, a first aid kit, and a soap dish that I put soap in.  Now at least, the toilet paper won't be so lonely...........

   It's been storming and raining on and off all day so this morning I got my bath in early, a load of laundry done before the storm started, and put together Chicken Ranch Pesto in the crock pot.  It's a recipe from a pod caster I watch and she said her family loves it.  I'll let you know.

I spent the afternoon gathering up my Stitch Maynia projects from last year.  I only have 2 slots available for new projects.....PTL!  I don't need any new ones!  Although I will fill those 2 slots with projects I already had waiting in the wings.  I finished project #1 and project #9 from 2020 and never picked the others up all year!  Shame on me!  That is not how it is supposed to work.  You're supposed to continue working on them throughout the year.

So, I have them all organized and arranged except for kitting up the 2 new projects.

I ordered some clothes the other day...I may have gotten ripped off..we'll see but I used Pay Pal so I feel safe with them.  I'll see what the quality is.......they were on sale and just what I've been looking for......this apron has pockets and crosses over in the back.......

This tunic/dress............I used to have a shirtwaist dress similar to this years ago that I loved...in red also.


 

I'll let you know when I receive them.....

Happy Trails!!!


10 comments:

Susan said...

Hopefully, your clothes aren't shipped on a slow boat from China - I've gotten burned a few times and now won't order anything that isn't shipped from within the US. I've been 'discovering' projects I had completely forgotten about. I really need to figure out if I am going to actually complete them, or if I should pass them along. We had our first thunder and lightning early this morning - I am hoping that means that spring has arrived!

Betsy said...

This morning we also had the first thunderstorm since I arrived here on the 6th. It was a comforting storm with slow rolling thunder, not the loud crash and bang thunder. :-)
I love both your apron and dress and really hope you don't have any problems with them. You'll have to let us know how it goes and how the sizing is.
I think it's amazing how much you get done in a day. I need to get some cross stitch projects going and also some mittens started. I'm falling way behind in my projects because there aren't enough hours to do what I need to do. And now I have a house to take care of again.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute Clothes! Hope they fit and you like them I follow a blogger who makes aprons Henny Penny:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm the same way...I never had seasonal allergies when I was younger. Now it hits me like a brick! I am having the bad headaches I had last year at this same time. At least I know what is causing them! I know I'll live through it! lol Can't wait to hear about the clothes. I would love to have that apron!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Looks like you have a junk comment above mine! EEEEE!!!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I know! My daughter said I should have googled the company first....I am not hopeful now...lol! There's a sucker born every minute and today I think it was MOI!
Good for you....I have a hard time giving up on anyone and anything. I am learning to let go finally in my elder years.....death cleaning is one of my priorities this year...lol!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Your life has totally changed now! Take it easy....you have been through some drastic changes. Did you know you would be taking care of your MIL? She seems to be doing well under your care but please take care of yourself too.
Yes, I love those kinds of storms. We've had several lately. No power outages, no damage just cozy.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I may have to look her up!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

My daughter called and told me to take a Benydryl tablet and I had some that I used ti give Nitty for her allergies. It worked like a charm!

HealthCure said...

Yes Your Blog is much informative and interesting but i need more data about Allergy treatments and Causes.