Sunday, April 25, 2021

YOP Week #43

 

Let's face it!  I am slower than snail do-do!  But I will keep plugging along....just don't expect too much! LOL!

I am still working on the socks...you're probably tired of seeing my projects but it is what it is..........some people only publish after they finish a project.  If I did that I would only post about every 3 months! LOL!

I finished the gusset on sock #1 and I'm working the gusset on sock #2 now........

 

I did sew all the rest of the rag strips for my rag rug....those fabrics are over 40 years old....I recognized fabrics from my daughter's Christmas dress and pinafore I made her when she was little and fabric that I used to make curtains and bumper pad for Jim's crib when he was a baby.  Now, I need to cut fabric, then sew strips together, and trim and then crochet.  It's getting the fabric ready to crochet that takes the time but I am loving the results..............this time I will sew the strips together before I wind up the balls.

I thought I would be done with the border on the Giant Granny Square blanket but that's what I get for thinking by myself!  I am still on round 8 of 11.....maybe next week? 

As for treasures.....I did get one and the yarn for the Fox Scarf is arriving tomorrow..........the treasure I got was a book I've been wanting.....it was pricey and I was disappointed when I got it to find out it is soft cover.  I'm thinking it is because the author is from South Africa....it is beautiful; the patterns and the photography......




I found a new website that has the cutest embroidery, wool applique and sewing patterns......

it is Bareroots

Here is a pattern I'm looking at for the patriotic holidays ahead.......aren't they cute?

I'm off to spend some time gathering my Stitch Maynia from 2020.  The only new projects will be in the slots that I finished projects from last year......which aren't many! The unfinished from last year will get worked on this year and then they will get put into some kind of a rotation that I have yet to dream up.....so many crafts and so little time and then there's laundry and cooking and cleaning and gardening.....woe is me! LOL!  Not really....most days I feel more than blessed!  I hope you do too!

Happy Trails!!!
 

9 comments:

Lucy Bowen said...

I would never tire of seeing your projects, especially the giant granny square! The book looks beautiful even if it is softcover.

Miss Merry said...

I love watching the progress of your projects!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like seeing your progress! You are making progress! I miss you when you don't blog...I figure you are busy!

Maureen D said...

You may have noticed that progress updates are the VAST majority of my posts since I've only completed 2 projects so far this year and one of them was a carryover from last year!! Progress posts are still fun. Heck part of the reason I picked up an old project was just so I'd have something different to show progress on this week. :)

Cinna Knits said...

I love the fabric rug!! Having the memories of projects past is so sweet. Great job on the giant granny! I know those last couple rounds get TEDIOUS!

Betsy said...

How fun to remember things your made your children as you use up the fabric in your rug. I haven't made hardly any progress on anything this week. Between the house and Mom, I've had days where I didn't even pick up needles or hook and you know that's not normal for me at all.
All anyone has been getting from me is progress photos too. That's all I have been capable of. I'm SO tired all of the time but Mom seems to be doing a bit better than when I got here. She definitely likes the company.
Take care Sam.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Becki said...

That is going to be a sweet rug filled with memories. I enjoy seeing your progress, however much you make. You remind me of projects I have languishing and I think maybe I should get them out and take stock. I haven't done that in a very long time.

Leftycrafter said...

Love seeing all your projects each week. Your socks are getting there. Don't rush the heels and gussets. That is where you can make or break a good fitting sock. As for the blanket edging. I think they take forever. That is a lot of stitches to work each round. From what I can see, it is really pretty. I like all of the patriotic ideas in the photo. Which one will you choose? How nice to have material scraps from memories past to put into your rug. It will warm your heart each time you look at it.

Breathing Life said...

Love how the stripey socks are coming along - and that book has such great pictures! Yes, you are busy and don't forget the baking you love to do too!