Sunday, April 4, 2021

YOP Week #40

 

What a great week but it flew by as usual!  I worked on the same  projects but made some progress........

The Giant Granny Square is getting giant and I am thinking of finishing it off.

I did about 4 or 5 rounds this week.......

I did order and I received the crochet border book I wanted from Thrift Books........I'll be choosing a border from this book for the Giant Granny Square..........

I finished the heel flap and the heel turn on both socks......on to the gusset!   Plodding along........

For the fox scarf I finished the section of ribbing and now I have 20 inches of garter stitch....love!

As for stash, I did get some fat quarters of this luscious fabric.....Cherry Lemonade from the Two Thimble Quilt Shop.............perfect spring/summer fabric!


I made French Breakfast Muffins this morning...delicious!  A Pioneer Woman recipe.....I'll be making these again for sure.  I'll be freezing some too as she said they are great for freezing

My Easter lily opened up just in time for Easter!  It smells divine.......there's at least 4 more buds on it too............

The Bradford pears are all done blooming but now the red buds are stealing the show!  The dogwoods are right behind them!

This was blooming on the edge of my yard but although it looks like an apple blossom I'm fairly certain it isn't.

I finally broke down and hired a man to mow and trim my yard.  My neighbor uses him and he is reasonable and does an excellent job.  He did it yesterday and it looks better than it has in a long time.  The weed whacking makes such a difference!  I love to mow but not when it gets hot and it's just getting to be a bit much for me to stay on top of everything.  It was a real gift to me!  I mentioned I would be cutting down some weed trees that had taken hold and he said he would take care of it for me.  I told him I would pay him extra.  He is truly "an angel among us".  I hated to admit I needed help but I needed help!  I am very grateful.

This week I got all my gardening supplies in so this next week will be planting.  I'm also going back to my old Fly Lady routines and zone cleaning that I still do some of but needed a refresher.  You can google Fly Lady if you want to learn more or if you haven't heard of her before.  I also started watching a podcast called "She's in Her Apron" and she is very motivating and enjoyable to listen to.  She and her family are Mormons and they follow their churches methods of food storage.  They have a lovely family and she cooks some mighty delicious looking dishes!  You can download the LDS Food Preparedness manual for free but it is 509 pages so I would only print about 30 at a time! LOL!  You can buy the manual also for about $26.  They're not back woods survivalists but it is part of their faith to be prepared.  I've always kept quite a bit of food on hand but I didn't really keep track of it or cycle through it plus I didn't have a lot of the basics like water.  So, these are the things I am concentrating on this week along with the coming July birthday plans.

Today I am baking an Easter ham, Party Potatoes in the crock pot and green beans!  I  usually sit down Sunday afternoons and plan my week ahead too.  It is 75 here today and beautiful.  I may do my weekly plan outside!  Happy Easter!!!

Happy Trails!!!












15 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

We live in a highly Mormon populated area (one of the mormon temples is in our city) so am well aware of their food preparedness. Also, they bake some of the BEST bread. Infact, one neighborhood family would bake several loaves each day and then go door to door and sell it. So yummy. Of course that was pre pandemic. They have fantastic recipes too. I will look into that podcast.

Your socks have really grown this week as has the fox scarf. Your granny square blanket is getting HUGE!

EASTER BLESSINGS TO YOU.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You've got lots of great projects in the works. Nothing wrong with getting some help with the yard especially if the price is right and it makes you happy. I'm sure the guy appreciated the extra business, too. Those muffins look good. Guess we'll have to do some food preparedness sometime in May as it is sounding like they want to do a 2 week complete lockdown again. This pandemic sure is getting tiresome especially because of people who just can't follow any kinda rules. Take care. happy Easter.

Cinna Knits said...

Your week has been so full of beautiful things! Our flowering trees are starting to bloom as well. A treat for my eyes, not so much for the allergies.
Your giant granny is epic, and a book full of amazing crochet edgings seems like it will have the PERFECT finishing touch! The socks and scarf are coming along quite nicely. Can't wait to see what you stitch up with your new fabrics.

Lucy Bowen said...

Your socks and blanket are coming along really nicely - the blanket is huge! Sometimes ig is just nice to get jobs done, by someone who can do it quicker and easier than you!

Breathing Life said...

Your Easter Lily is gorgeous. I am happy my Amaryllis is blooming in time for Easter. Those muffins looks sooooooo good. I am glad to hear you hired some help. I feel that way about the housework and as soon as we are both fully vaccinated I am going to hire a cleaner for a couple of times a month. It is good to ask for help and even better when the help you ask for is done well and not too expensive. Your socks look amazing!

Maureen D said...

Funny you just hired lawn help. I'll be calling someone tomorrow in the hope he can cut our grounds. Love your granny blanket. Your breakfast muffins look like a wonderful Easter treat. My hubby made us cinnamon rolls for Easter breakfast. Agree the flowering spring is so wonderful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam! Happy Easter! Hope you had a good day! You are making progress on all your projects! There is a new CAL Mosaic starting in May not sure if I will do it or not...but it could be interesting! The online Easter card was perfect Thank you. One day at a time here. THose muffins look great!

Miss Merry said...

Happy Easter! Gosh, you have accomplished so much. I think hiring someone to do the mowing is a great idea. Now you can focus your energy on the fun stuff.

Betsy said...

Happy Easter Sam, although it's almost midnight for you! I'm off to bed soon because I begin my journey tomorrow. Snow is forecast for the continental divide pass (Homestake) in Montana, so I'm a bit nervous. But I read your blog and wanted to tell you that I've also watched She's in Her Apron for quite some time and I enjoy her information a lot. It's funny how we often watch the same videos! I'm glad you have someone to do your yard for you this year. I'm hoping I can talk Mandy into continuing with our mowing until Dennis gets to Omaha. :-)
Thank you for the beautiful card. That was so thoughtful of you.
Easter Blessings to you too my friend!
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

With Easter moving so much each year it must be hit or miss as to whether it flowers on time, so that's lovely it has bloomed for this one. Your granny square blanket is huge, way bigger than I had realised. When I saw the photo I was thinking it was laid out on a footstool and then realised it's a bed! It's a good idea to have someone to help around the garden with the big chores and that gives you time to concentrate on planting things and keeping those bugs off your veggies once they get going. Have a good week, I'm looking forward to seeing what crochet edging you select from your new book.

Atm Card said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

elizabert maxwell said...

This card are real i got my card few hours ago and am just coming back from the ATM where i made my first withdraw of 1500$ i am going crazy this is fucking real OSCAR WHITE sorry for being so skeptical about it at first don’t blame me the street these days got fucked up lots of scammers and now i can recommend whoever needs a blank ATM card with about $50,000 on it which you can withdraw within a month because the card has a daily limit.if you are facing any financial problem contact him asap email address is oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com or whats-app +1(513)-299-8247 as soon as possible .

perez turner said...


GET RICH WITH THE USE OF BLANK ATM CARD FROM
(besthackersworld58@gmail.com)
Has anyone here heard about blank ATM card? An ATM card that allows you to withdraw cash from any Atm machine in the world. No name required, no address required and no bank account required. The Atm card is already programmed to dispense cash from any Atm machine worldwide. I heard about this Atm card online but at first i didn't pay attention to it because everything seems too good to be true, but i was convinced & shocked when my friend at my place of work got the card from guarantee Atm card vendor. We both went to the ATM machine center and confirmed it really works, without delay i gave it a go. Ever since then I’ve been withdrawing $1,500 to $5000 daily from the blank ATM card & this card has really changed my life financially. I just bought an expensive car and am planning to get a house. For those interested in making quick money should contact them on: Email address : besthackersworld58@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +1(323)-723-2568

Boris said...

My name is Boris Mitchell! I'm here to testify about Mr harry Blank ATM Cards which can withdraw money from any ATM machines all over the world. I applied for the Blank Card to my greatest surprise I have used it to get 24,000 dollars. You can withdrawal up to $1,200 per day. You can also use it to shop online and attach it to your PayPal account. The card is already been hack, loaded and programmed with fund. If you want to get one for yourself, contact him via his email: (harrybrownn59@gmail.com) Do not miss this great opportunity.