Friday, April 30, 2021

Happy Arbor Day and a guest chef!

 Today is Arbor day and it was beautiful here so it was the perfect time to plant my lilac bush.......

I kept the lilac bush in the house while it bloomed so I could enjoy the fragrance.  I was going to spread more mulch but the planting took all my energy.

One of my clematis is blooming........... I have 2 big pots and there are 2 fake evergreens that I put lights on in the winter.....the clematis climb all over them and then when they die back I have the evergreens for Christmas decorating............they serve a dual purpose..

I made turtles today..............

but the real surprise is my guest chef, Grayson............

and here is the recipe that he created and he asked me to share it with you....he said it is healthy and yummy!   Bananas with honey....he also took the pictures and sent them to me.  He's a whiz, that boy!  Thank you so much Grayson!  I wonder what he'll create next?

Tune in tomorrow when it will be the first day of Stitch Maynia 2021!  Stop by and see my first start of the 31 days of Maynia!

Happy Trails!!!






8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

What a wonderful chef! You will have to give a review of his recipe when you try it. We need a new trellis for our clematis. Hubby was going to build one until he saw the prices at the lumber store. It is up against the house so I don't have room for a tree - great idea though.

Betsy said...

Now that is a brilliant idea, to use the Christmas evergreens as a trellis! Simply brilliant Sam!
Your turtles look wonderful and Graysons idea sounds delicious and healthy too. I think Piper would like that. I've had her overnight last night and tonight. It was just supposed to be last night as there was no school today but she talked her Mom into letting her stay tonight too. I'm in Grandma Heaven! :-) She helped me build some yarn storage space today and I she was a HUGE help. I couldn't have done it without her. Tomorrow all three of us girls, along with my sister and her daughter are getting our toes "done". I haven't done it in years and the girl time will be wonderful. I am enjoying being close to family again even while missing good friend in Spokane.
Take care Sam.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

I could sure use a guest chef! Especially such a handsome one! Your Clematis is really pretty!

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm all for guest chef's! Thomas made us chicken skewers this week in food tech, we are having them tonight! Love the idea of the fake evergreens.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

A trellis would be better here too then I could hide the ugly rod iron railing.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

What a wonderful time you are having! You so deserve it! Have fun on your "girls day out"!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I wish he lived with me!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Oh, that sounds good....maybe he could give the recipe to Grayson...lol!