Monday, June 7, 2021

Monday...another week to try and get it right!

 I'm off to a good start by golly!  It's raining off and on so it's a good day to clean.  I'm ditching the zones as I was really on a roll with the dining room and I wanted to continue.  So far, I've washed the windows inside and out (I can wash both sides from inside the house), and I dusted the walls and moldings.  I washed the table and wiped down the chairs.  I cleaned my Chinese desk inside and out.  I will be using it for stationary and scrap booking, stamps,  and card making supplies.  I don't have that many so it's perfect for that.


 

I found a tablecloth my daughter gave me that I had put away in a drawer and forgotten about!  Why I don't know because I love it!  It's a reproduction vintage tablecloth...........

The lighting is really bad today because it is so dark out.

I got treasures in the mail!!!  Both from Thrift Books...........

and this one which is out of print and I paid a  pretty penny for but not astronomical............I really wanted it because it includes diary entries from a girl who grew up in Northern Illinois (just like me) and there are reproduction quilt patterns all from the 1800's.  I haven't read it yet but I can't wait to read the diary entries.  There are photos too!

You know how I've said cleaning at my house is like going on an archaeological dig?  Well, look what I found...hand-dyed floss from a class I took with Sue Spargo years ago in Fayetteville, AR.  I did a little happy dance with this find!   There is also a spool of variegated thread............yippee!

That's all for today folks!  I hope you had a good day.  I still have more to go in the dining room.....I'll probably be there all week and then there's shampooing the carpet.

Happy Trails!!!

4 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Oh - those threads look inspiring! You got a lot done today! Love the tablecloth.

Betsy said...

You really got a lot done today Sam. I'm impressed. I love your Chinese desk and the tablecloth too. How fun to find floss that you died yourself. It's alot like Christmas at your house!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Becki said...

Your Chinese desk is beautiful. I don't have such a beautiful space to stash my stationary (and the like), but you sure make me want to work on that.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

It's hand-dyed floss but I did not dye it.