Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Where did June go???

 I can't believe it's over.....and tomorrow July starts!  But good things are coming in July....like my daughter and my 2 grands!  

Meanwhile, I have been trying to eat healthier and more Mediterranean.............I made my own flatbread crisps ....I couldn't get them just right until the last batch...........I may try pita bread next time........

Then I made homemade hummus and what a difference from the store bought!  It is very good!

I roasted a big pan of vegetables.....

and then made a fresh salad with chard, chick peas, kalamata olives, cucumber, and feta cheese......

I watch Kylie Flavell's podcast.....and she lives in Italy.  (She just got married and if you want to see the  most romantic courtship, and marriage you should go watch!) She said that she tries to ensure there are 5 elements in her salads.........1) something crunchy (cucumbers, bacon etc), 2) something creamy (cheese, avocado, roasted eggplant), 3) fresh items (chopped tomato, bitter greens), 4) something sweet (sweet potato, roasted red peppers) 4) something salty (olives, bacon), and 5) something filling (lentils, chick peas, sweet potatoes).

For mine I roasted red onions (easier on digestion when you use red onions and roast them), broccoli, 3 whole cloves of garlic, 1 lemon quartered, red and orange pepper, summer squash, eggplant, and tossed with olive oil and salt. It was delicious and filling which is sometimes not the case with salads.  I'll be making more!

 The cutest picture of the day....Simone and her "kids" visiting Patrick Conley's home......they visit regularly and he posts about them.  He does not feed them but they visit and he is sitting right there!  He lives in Ashville, NC.  So cute!!!

 

Also, if you want a smile take a look at the cutest Rottweiler video....


 https://youtu.be/laWB64yvVrc

 

Happy Trails!!!


 

12 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Your food looks great! Elissa is settling in Asheville now. I'll tell her to watch out for bears:)

Miss Merry said...

Those salads look and sound absolutely wonderful! I am in shock about how quickly June has passed!

Leftycrafter said...

I am so happy for you to have your daughter and grands for a visit. Your t food looks amazing as always. What a great way to make a salad. I may need to write that down. Those bears seem almost tame. I would be shaking in my boots if it was me sitting there.

Betsy said...

Both the veggies and the salad look delicious. I'm proud of you for being so focused on eating better. I'm trying without a lot of luck but I'm not giving up.
My goodness, those bears are so cute! I can't believe he's sitting right there. They must REALLY be comfortable.
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

Aren't bears dangerous??!! Your recipes look really healthy and delish. It's a great season when everything comes into its own in the veg garden. Don't burn yourself out before your visitors arrive though!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Exciting that you are getting company!! Of course you are busy! I do not like hummus...but your toasted bread looks good!

Becki said...

Your good all looks delicious. And your flatbread crisps really impress me.

Rain said...

Hi Sam :)) I watched a documentary one time called The Man Who Lived With Bears (I think it's on You Tube)...he has grizzlies in his backyard in Alaska all the time and only uses a stick to keep them in line. He got in trouble for feeding them though, but the documentary is fascinating! Your food looks great! Try the pitas...I make pita chips and they are delicious. I like mine a little soggy but Alex likes them crisp. Just a little olive oil and some coarse salt if you want and you bake them for 4-5 minutes at 425.

presstfortime said...

Those crisps and salad look tantalizing. I have to strap our trash and recycling totes together tightly and can't put bags in either until the morning of pick-up due to the bears that roam freely right outside our door. They seem more brazen than I'd expect.

neme amber said...

I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $1,000 daily for a maximum of 20 days. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $20,000. Mike Fisher Hackers is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and he is not like other scam pretending to have the blank ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. get yours from Mike Fisher Hackers today! *email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com


Anonymous said...

I want to testify about TD Ameritrade who helped me invest my bitcoin and made me who I am today, I never believe in investing in bitcoin until I met TD Ameritrade. I saw so many testimonies about him helping people to invest their bitcoin. I decide to contact him and invested $500 and, after 72 hours, I get my $ 5,000 profit in my bitcoin wallet. Since I invested with them and I always receive my profit without delay, so if you want to invest your bitcoin, TD Ameritrade is the best deal with which you can invest and make profit is a guarantee. So, if you want to invest, just contact him and he will guide you on how to start your investment. Email: tdameritrade077@gmail.com

Emmett Zavala said...

I admire Wizard Asset Recovery for their transparency, integrity, and trustworthiness. When I lost $720k of my savings to a self-proclaimed broker, retrieving my account seemed like an insurmountable task. I was initially hesitant to trust anyone again, but after reading online recommendations, I decided to give Wizard Asset Recovery a chance. Their use of modern blockchain forensic tools to track the activities of the scammers who targeted me through my email was impressive. I am deeply grateful for trusting them, as they delivered exceptional results. Their expertise extends beyond recovering lost funds to solving various common cryptocurrency-related issues and retrieving passwords. Avoid wasting time with unprofessional hackers; if assistance is needed, reach out to Wizard Asset Recovery via email at wizardassetrecovery@gmx.us or WhatsApp at +1 (315) 756-1228.