Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Tuesday stitching and baking and ordering!

 It started raining in the night and has gone non-stop!  I haven't even gone to get the mail....it's just junk anyway.  I needed something sweet so I made a cream cheese piecrust and a custard pie that is baking right now.  

Today is Zone #1 cleaning which is entrance, dining room and porch.  I worked on the entrance way and did a load of laundry.  I filled a warmer with one of these ginger peach candle bars that my daughter gave me and the whole house smells great!

 


 My acorn squash plant has a flower on it and I haven't even planted it yet!  All the plants are outside now and loving the rain.

 My little buddy was hanging out (literally as he sits on the hanger I have suspended that holds the humming bird feeder.  I had to jury rig it so I wouldn't fall out the window reaching for the hook! LOL!)

I'm so happy to see him/her and I heard that when they don't visit the feeder it's usually because the babies have hatched and they are flying around like crazy gathering bugs for the babies! 

I worked on my first Stitch Maynia project from May 1st and hope to finish it this week..........

I placed an Amazon order today and my daughter recommended some lemon cookies she had tried.  We are both lemon fans and these were thin and crispy and Amy said they melt in your mouth.  I ordered a package and later discovered Walmart carries them for 1/2 the price but they didn't have the lemon ones.


  In nosing around the internet I found that she wrote several cookbooks and one was on Thrift Books for $5.69!  So, I ordered it along with a couple books and I got it as a free book!  Plus, it has the lemon cookie recipe in it!     Win win!!!

Here's the cookbook...............

I also found an article stating some unfavorable things about how they treated their undocumented workers....threatening to turn them in if they tried to unionize?  Not sure if that is true but I have the cookbook so I won't be buying anymore cookies from them anyway.  She's friends with Ina Garten whose recipes I also love but that "Hampton" crowd is not exactly socially responsible from what I've seen.  But, what do I know?

That's all for now!  I hope you had a great weekend  and have things to look forward to this week!

Happy Trails!!!


3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I hate it when I company i like to purchase from isn't socially responsible! Why, oh why. But you have the cookbook and I bet you can make those cookies for way less money. And they will be fresh and even more delicious!

Betsy said...

I like that project that you're working on. You'll easily have it finished for the 4th of July.
I want to get more organized and have certain days for cleaning certain areas. I like to have the entire house always looking nice, but then focus on little cleaned areas on certain days, like the washer/dryer being wiped down. The china hutch being dusted inside, etc. I seem to let those things slide. Now that I'm in a house again I have to get used to cleaning a larger area.
Those cookies look and sound delicious but I can understand your concern. Like Miss Merry says, now you'll have the cookbook and can make your own cookies. :-)
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have a great recipe for Lemon Cookies! I made a double batch for the wedding this weekend...my niece is getting remarried.
Katie's lemon Cookies:
1 cup butter, 2 cups sugar beat til light and fluffy. Add 1 tsp vanilla, 2 tsp Lemon Zest, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp Baking soda, 2 eggs, 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder 3 Cups flour.
Bake 350 on lightly greased cookie sheet. Make small balls and roll them in powdered sugar before baking. Bake 10 minutes.
They are really good....the zest of a large lemon is about what you need and 1/2 that lemon for the juice.