Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Wednesday cleaning, laundry, stitching and sewing!

 The entryway is clean except for a vacuuming.  I did some laundry and put some away.  The custard pie turned out great last night............another Art Smith winner!

I also got my mini-quilt squares sewn together.  Now, I just need to get batting, backing, quilt it and bind it.....almost there and then I am going to start the quilt for my bed!

I did a silly thing today.....I washed a load of rugs but instead of softener I put detergent in the softener dispenser.  Now, I 'm going to have to wash them all over again......duh!  

The rains finally stopped but it was a dark gray day today.  I've been having acid reflux (?) in the back of my throat and it wakes me up at night.  I already sleep on 2 pillows......from what I gather it is gerd which is when your esophagus doesn't seal and stomach acid is allowed to seep through to your throat.  It burns!  It's been happening for the last 2 days so I called my pharmacist, Jennifer and she recommended something over the counter.  I hope it works!  I've never had it before and now I am wondering if it is the coke with coffee I've been drinking.  I never drink pop or carbonated beverages but I need the caffeine in the afternoon.  I guess I will have to switch to tea.  Have any of you dealt with this before?  Old age is nothing to mess with! 

BTW, I watched a great movie on Netflix that Far Side of Fifty recommended called Greater, and it is a true story that took place in Arkansas.  It was very good!  Thank you, Connie! 

I hope all is well where you are.

Happy Trails!!!   



7 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

There is a medication you can take for gerd. You can also get a wedge pillow that really helps....I got one for Gene at walmart. Glad you liked the movie! :)

Betsy said...

I also have the wedge pillow that Connie mentioned. It helps a lot but since I started taking omeprezole, I haven't needed the pillow. I would be willing to guess that the cause of yours is the coke in your coffee. I have it worse when I have rich food, fizzy beverages or banana's in the evening before bed. Getting old isn't for sissies is it?
I did that once with the fabric softener too. Only once because I had to wash about 3 loads to get it out of the dispenser. My new washer doesn't have a softener dispenser. I hadn't noticed that before I bought it. Oh well. Too late now.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Coke with coffee? :/ I'd say definitely give up the carbonated drink. When my husband starts drinking NA beers on the daily, he complains of stomach pain and burn. Cute little mini quilt.

R's Rue said...

Have a beautiful day

Lucy Bowen said...

Love your quilt. I used to have a wedge pillow for indigestion during pregnancy.

Miss Merry said...

I suffer from GERD too. I was on two prescriptions for it, but the evening one was recalled for causing cancer! Whatever he prescribed to replace it made me nauseous so I just quit taking it. I still take one pill in the morning. And I would think that coffee with coke in any form would aggravate it! My biggest no no is fried foods. It is a whammy when summer starts and we hit the ice cream stand for dinner - fried everything! I am finally starting to grow up now that I am months from Social Security and will order ONE fried item and SPLIT it with my husband.

Unknown said...

You completed a few fine points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will go along with with your blog. End of Tenancy Cleaners London