Sunday, June 6, 2021

Yop Week #49

I cannot believe we only have 3 more weeks left of YOP 2020-2021!!!  Where did this year go?  I will never make all my goals but I made more of them than I usually do....lol!

This week I have been focused on gardening and cleaning so I did not get a whole lot done but I made some progress......the fox scarf is almost done.  It has to be ready for my daughter's birthday on July 21st.

I finished Stitch Maynia 2021 Day #1 cross stitch............excuse the wrinkles....it will get ironed when I am ready to final finish it......

I also worked on the Giant Granny Square blanket....this is actually the 3rd one.  The first one my grandson asked for, the 2nd one I just finished a few weeks ago and this is the 3rd one............I did weave in a bunch of ends but of course there are always more!

I've been working on "divide and conquer" which means I'm trying to organize my crafts and supplies ...........bigger pieces of scraps

really small scraps............

and leftover cross stitch fabric.............

I'll go through each bin later and want to implement Lori Holt's method of prepping scraps to use.....she is on You Tube

Since my Tate's Bakeshop Lemon Cookies haven't arrived yet and my Tate's Bakeshop Cookbook hasn't arrived yet I searched for a "hack" recipe and thus made some lemon cookies of my own............very good I must say..............

I posted this the past week but in case you missed it I did sew together my little mini quilt and hope to do the batting, backing and quilting this week.  I am very motivated because then I can start on my bed quilt!!!
I've been wanting to make design boards for my various rooms in the house but I cannot access my Pinterest boards since I changed my password....so I copied some pictures and will try and make my own on Microsoft somehow............here are some of my favorite pictures..........

There's more but I don't want to bore you.  Have any of you made dream boards or design boards for decorating or landscaping projects?

I hope you all had a great week and I will try and touch base with all of you this week!  Oh, I finished reading Jane Eyre and then signed up for Britbox so I could watch the movie.

Happy Trails!!!

10 comments:

Maureen D said...

The fox scarf looks so fun. I don't even know how to use Pininterest much less have a design board. I tend to stick to the same old same old. We are replacing our roof and siding and sure enough I ended up picking the same colors they already were as my favorites.

Miss Merry said...

Your daughter is going to love the fox scarf! I think you get so much done. I have made some design boards with posterboard from Dollar Tree and screenshooting my Pinterest pictures with my phone and sending them to Walgreens. I then attach them with scotch tape. I am all about Pinterest Boards, but I need to see the real thing in front of me. My kids laugh at my idea boards and my son even joked he did not know that people printed pictures anymore.

Betsy said...

I think your fox scarf is wonderful and your daughter is going to love it! You've done such a great job on it and worked so hard.
I have a Pinterest acct. but have no idea how to use it let alone make design boards. I really like both of the photos you shared and it certainly wouldn't bore me to see more. I love to see how others decorate but I'm pretty boring myself. Boring colors and I'm trying not to clutter but I do love to see things I love around me. Did that even make sense? Ha!
Have a great Monday Sam!
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Becki said...

Your fox scarf looks great. And your lemon cookies sound yummy. Yay for finishing one of your Stitch Maynia projects already!

I look forward to seeing what you do with your scrap fabrics. I'm amassing a collection myself. ;^)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your fox scarf is really coming along! Stay cool!

Lucy Bowen said...

Your fox scarf will soon be finished! I have Pinterest, but I use it very intermittently - I have too many interests!!

HighlandHeffalump said...

I have to watch my time on Pinterest as it can be a black hole I can fall into for a whole day. Lemon cookies sound yummy and I can hear my tummy rumbling. A 3rd giant granny square, you are fast with these crochet projects it seems.

Leftycrafter said...

Your daughter is going to be so happy with the fox scarf. You have done such a nice job on it too. I find organizing my crafts is one of the biggest time consuming events ever. But, it does need to be done periodically. Where do you get the pattern for the giant granny square blanket? I have so many bit and bobs of yarn. I don't want it to languish forever. I have never done design boards but I like the ones you have show us.

Cinna Knits said...

I love the Fox Scarf! Foxes are my favorite wild mammal!
Your inspiration photos are so cottagecore! I love how comforting they feel, just looking at them.

Good luck organizing your craft stuff! I'm always curious how other organize their little bits of fabric. I have been stuffing mine into gallon ziploc bags- it doesn't work BTW.

Breathing Life said...

We love Britbox! We get quite a kick out of Yes, Minister and Call of Duty, Death in Paradise and Red Dwarf. But now I will watch Jane Eyre too! Your organizing looks very clever. I don't know what a dream board or design board is so I guess I have never done one. Now I will go google it and learn something new.