Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Tuesday and I think I'm on a roll!

 It was supposed to rain but it missed us all day...it either went south of us or north of us.  I had a tele-medicine phone call with my doctor.  He was 20 minutes late calling and then didn't even ask how things were but passed me off to his assistant to get my refills.  I was able to ask him a few questions only because I am pushy and stand up for myself.  But his lack of interest and not a single question after not seeing me for a year left me a bit miffed.  I have an in person appointment in December and labs then too.  I had weighed myself and taken my blood pressure and oxygen level but he wasn't interested.  Maybe I need a new doctor?

I did get almost finished with the dining room but not quite.  I finished the chandelier, the buffet and I vacuumed.  I did not clean out my sewing table or the hutch or the buffet.  Tomorrow I'm going to get some of that pet deodarizer for the carpet and then sometime in the near future I will shampoo the carpet.  I need to do a menu, grocery list, and grocery order tomorrow and there's gardening to do if it doesn't rain.

Here are some pictures of the dining room.....the dining room set belonged to my parents and originally my step-father's parents.  My step-father refinished it years ago.  It was dark mahogany.

This isn't a hall tree it's a basket tree!
 

This hutch was my parent's too.............if it's fancy it's my parents.  If it's old and rustic it's mine! LOL!  We were from 2 different planets!

The chandelier is all shiny and clean..............

I also received another treasure today!  My Tate's Bakeshop Cookbook!

I've already decided that I will be making her famous Chocolate Chip cookies first!

I hope you had a great day!

Happy Trails!!!





 

8 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

I rememberyour parents' Italian Provincial furniture! It was fancy:)

Betsy said...

Good for you in getting so much done. Everything is sparkling clean and the basket tree is great! I really like the light colored wood on the buffet. It's beautiful!
Take care and be safe.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

Yes, I would change doctors. Any doc who is so disinterested after such a long spell of not seeing you shouldn't call themselves a good doctor. I love all of your furniture. Good solid stock. I'm clearing out my craft stuff. It's not going well!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A doctor that isn't interested in you as a person doesn't need you as patient. I'm constantly trying to organize myself. Way too much stuff and I feel guilty throwing anything away. I see so much waste in this country of perfectly good stuff and me and my husband tend to pick things off the street that others toss. :) Take care.

Miss Merry said...

Honestly your tele appointment went better than mine. I logged in and was in the "waiting room" for over 45 minutes. I finally called the office on my cell and they checked and they were running that far behind. Maybe 30 minutes later a nurse came on and questioned me. Then back to the waiting room. Then an intern who was working with him came on and asked the same questions. Eventually we got to the doctor who was very distracted. I think the whole thing was over 2 1/2 hours and all I did was get my prescriptions renewed. I was asked for an evaluation by our hospital who all the doctors work for now. I told them what I thought. Maybe they should call me?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Changing Doctors is hard but maybe you should think about it. Gene has one Dr who hates the video stuff so he just calls on the phone. They charge enough for the video chat more than an office call from what I have seen. That Buffet is a beauty!!

Rain said...

Hi Sam :) I think it's time for a new doctor...but I'm not a fan of them, I think they are all the same anyway. Your hutch is lovely and I love that cookbook!!

Jennifer K Robert said...

Hi everyone, My name is Jennifer from New Jersey , I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $15,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really a good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email (text or call) +1 719 629 0982. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable to lend you a loan. Contact Mr Anderson E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

Phone: +1 719 629 0982


E-mail: andersonraymondloanfinance@gmail.com

Office address is (68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 812400).