Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Keeping my promises!

 To myself that is.............I promised myself  I would paint and clear and clean every day...that includes outside work as well plus clearing out.  So far so good!  I painted yesterday and today.  I can't do it for long periods of time because it seems everything requires bending over which is the hardest on my back.  But as long as I keep at it, it will get done!  I did clean and clear a bit too...usually 15 minutes of each or more if I can keep going!  I set a timer.

Today I cleaned the bottom of the pantry and painted part of it...........which you can't see as I painted after I took this picture......

But I was able to put a finished shelf in and covered with a non-slip shelf paper (it's rubberized; not really paper).  It's Pioneer Woman design!  Walmart, of course.  The paint is Kilz interior and exterior primer and paint in one....love this stuff!  I get an off white as I don't care for white......more cream color is what I go for.

Eventually the whole pantry will look like this....lighter and brighter and cuter!  I'm all about the cuteness factor! 

My sourdough bread turned out great the other day..........you cannot go wrong with King Arthur's recipes!  The only problem was I didn't taste a lot of sour like I do in the pancakes.  I may ask them about that.  Plus, the recipe calls for yeast and I thought the whole purpose of sourdough was that you didn't need yeast.   But it's good regardless and slices like a dream!

I got a treasure in the mail today.............

I don't subscribe to it but they had a cute pumpkin quilt and some wool applique...all Fall wonderfulness!  I'll be curling up with this tonight!

I hope you're having a great Fall or Spring or whatever season you're in!  The trees are just slightly changing here but my burr oaks in front are dropping brown leaves like crazy yet the tree looks green...go figure?  

Happy Trails!!!



4 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I would love a piece of that bread! It looks delicious. You are always so productive. I don't know how you do it!

Betsy said...

The break looks great. I can't seem to get much done at all with this puppy. I can't take my eyes off of her or she pees on the floor. What's with that? It's been 3 weeks so hopefully she'll figure it out soon. She goes outside as soon as we go out, but will go inside too with any opportunity.
That shelf paper is super cute and looks great with the paint. I love anything Pioneer Woman. I have several pieces of dishware of her design. Sugar bowl, salt & pepper shakers and a coffee cup I fell in love with. My utensil holder is also from her line.
Take care Sam. Don't do too much, it's always waiting unti tomorrow.
Blessings,
Betsy

azwoolgirl said...

Oh your bread looks yummy! I love Primitive Quilts magazine, it is always packed full of fun and lovely projects.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your bread looks great! I should look for some of that shelf paper, maybe online!