Thursday, September 30, 2021

Spoke too soon!

 Remember that promise I made?  Well, I may have to revise it and do it on a weekly basis.  Too many other things to do!  I always have to ensure I have a meal and clean clothes and that the plants and animals are taken care of.

I didn't sleep hardly at all the other night so that really put me behind.  I have no idea why that happens but thank goodness it doesn't happen often!  We were supposed to get storms so yesterday I went out to the highway to get the car filled up and then I had to go to the bank as I am putting my daughter on my bank account in case I would get sick she could make out my bills for me.  I also got out and harvested herbs and plants for dyeing............rosemary which is drying out on the porch and then will get put in jars...

sage which gets frozen on cookie sheets and then put in freezer bags

Thyme which just gets put in a bag and frozen.....

a few acorns but I read you need to "cook" them to kill the weevils inside of them so I will hold off until I  have enough to make it worthwhile...........these are burr oak acorns

Goldenrod for dyeing gets frozen.....and there are marigolds too but they are big and beautiful right now so I don't want to pick them just yet

It did storm today and there is more coming tonight and tomorrow too....Fall in the Ozarks!  So cozy!

I made lemon pasta this afternoon...........an Ina Garten recipe.....I'll let you know how I like it.....mostly butter and lemon so it should be wonderful!

I'm making some dough for English Breakfast Biscuits but they won't get baked until tomorrow.

I've been working on my Fall Alphabet Sampler...........

I hope you had a great day!

Happy Trails!!!





 

5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all the herbs! Very wise to add your daughter on your accounts, too.

Betsy said...

I think it sounds like you've gotten LOT done Sam. We had thunderstorms last night and are predicted for tonight and tomorrow too. Dennis is outside trying to get both yards mowed before the rain starts again. He usually does them on Friday nights and Saturday but is trying to beat the rain. We need it desperately so I'm not complaining. I'm just going to make burgers on the grill when he's done. That will be easy too.
Take care and don't be too hard on yourself. Getting your daugher on the checking account was a great idea. We did the same with Dennis's Mom. He's on her account too. Just a precaution we don't want to need for a long time.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cousin Kay said...

Let us know if you like the Ina Garten pasta.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I think Ina Garten has some great recipes:) Not that I have tried any yet but I have watched her! Looks like you are gathering for winter!

Lucy Bowen said...

The pasta sounds lovely and I can't wait to see how you get on with all of those herbs.