Monday, September 6, 2021

Laboring on Labor day!

 The yard man and his wife came this morning.  I asked him why my grass was dying in places and he said I have Army Worms and they can kill your entire lawn! I never heard of them but he's also my pest control person so he said he would take care of it for me!  Whew!  I've never had them before but evidently they are not just in my yard.  Nothing surprises me anymore.

I did get the window painted and done....3 coats plus some touch ups and I can still see places but it's done regardless..............

 The sun is shining in that window so it's hard to take a picture.......

The next step is I took the floor register out and it is in the dishwasher waiting for a good wash!  After that I will spray paint it.  I already have the paint but if it doesn't work out a new one is not that expensive.  The new charger for my scrubber came (Actually called a Scumbuster by Black and Decker) but the battery will not take a charge.   The newer models are way more expensive now.  We'll see.  There are also 2 other items I need to get.............

These are filters for your registers..........I noticed soot and dirt and although I use furnace filters that doesn't do anything for the venting system....so, voila!  These will prevent dust, dirt, and allergens and it also prevents things from falling into the register........

the second item is magnetic register covers.  There are several rooms in this house that I don't use so this way I can save money on heating and air conditioning them...........

I did manage to sew another row on my bed quilt and press all the seams open.............

 

That's enough labor for one day!  I hope you had a great Labor Day!
 

Happy Trails!!!
 




8 comments:

Becki said...

You take Labor Day seriously! Your window looks great painted and with the sun shining through that pretty curtain. I'm going to check out those vent filters. You've shown me yet another thing I'd not seen before.

Cousin Kay said...

Good to know that there are filters for the registers! We have filter on the furnace, but I still have some sort of dust allergy problems when AC or heating runs--this is what I need! Your window looks great.

Miss Merry said...

We have army worms in Ohio, too! I had never heard of them, but the extension office posted a fact sheet on Facebook and now people are sharing pictures of what used to be their lawns. Where the heck did these little buggers come from?

Your windows look so beautiful and fresh!

Susan said...

So much for holidays! I have some sort of grubs in my lawn that are killing the grass. So far, it looks like the crows are interested in the grubs, so I am hoping for a natural pest control. We will see.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Be careful, sometimes when you block off a register the furnace has to work harder and will not work as efficiently...at least that is what our furnace guy said. They check the air flow of your furnace:)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Well, I learned something new yet again. I just looked up army worms and turns out they are actually caterpillars that turn into moths. They like garden and yard debris and are most active at night. They can march and munch through agricultural crops like an army so that's how they got their name.

Betsy said...

I didn't know about army worms or furnace filters. I have used the vent covers though and they work great.
Your yard guy works on Labor Day? Wow! You've got a good one Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

anna lucas said...

I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..