Thursday, September 2, 2021

Painting finally!!!

 Yesterday, I was going to paint my bathroom window.  I put up the painters tape and got my step stool and all my equipment .......only to open the can of paint and discover it was dried up!  LOL!  In reality, I thought I had bought a gallon of Kilz not to long ago.  So, I went onto Walmart online and was going to order some.....I love Walmart because there it showed that I had previously purchased Kilz Paint and Primer In One in the Cupcake Frosting color!  Now I just had to find it!  I unearthed it out on my porch buried under some junk.  PTL!!!

So, today I got 1 coat on the window.....it looks terrible but it will improve with a 2nd and maybe a 3rd coat.................


This window was stained and sealed and had never been painted before.   I'm sure my step-father is rolling over in his grave as he did not like painted anything and he built this house.  I think light painted woodwork is much easier to clean and it doesn't show the dust as much.  I'll see how I like it when it's done.  I have a feeling there will be more painting in my future.  If this was an old house with those beautiful window trims and mouldings, I would not touch it with a paint brush but this wood is nothing to write home about.  The gal on Farmhouse on Boone blog and podcast said she painted her entire house just painting 1 hour a day so that's what I'm going for.

One of the members of my YOP group mentioned a book that I put on my wish list............

"Inspired by the gorgeous sock drawers of Susan B. Anderson, Jasmine and Gigi of The Knitmore Girls podcast started the hashtag #operationsockdrawer in an effort to knit a collection of socks just as photo worthy. Tens of thousands of knitters have since joined the campaign to knit more pretty socks and the hashtag has grown to over 180k tags on social media. Think of Operation Sock Drawer as your sock knitting survival guide. In it you'll find- 20 original designer sock patterns-more than enough to fill your first drawer. Great how-to information on knitting a variety of toe shapes, heel styles, options for comfortable ankles, and more! Darn it! Don't toss old socks, repair them with simple darning techniques. Bonus information on knitting socks two at a time, how to make great yarn to pattern matches, and how to overcome second sock syndrome. Grab your needles and a skein of yarn, and then join The Knitmore Girls on their mission to expand sock collections around the globe."

Such pretty socks!!!  Perfect book for Fall sock knitting!

I ordered a wooden embroidery floss measurer for cutting my DMC floss into 18" lengths so I can attach them to floss drops and get them off the cards that we used years ago.  I'll show you when it arrives.  It is handmade by RNR Woodworks and is very reasonable.  I heard about them from Lori Holt on her podcast.  I ordered some Fall fabric too.....I couldn't resist..................isn't it gorgeous?  I see a table runner and more with this fabric.....yay for Fall!!!

I hope you are having a good week so far.  Do you have plans for the Labor Day weekend if you are in the U.S.?  

Happy Trails!!!



7 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

No plans for the weekend...maybe RELAXING!! Happy Painting! :)

Miss Merry said...

Glad you located the missing paint! I swear my most used phrase is "it has be here somewhere".

Becki said...

I have the same window in our master bathroom! I like pretty wood, but I painted over the stained wood many years ago and I like it much better.

Betsy said...

No big plans for the weekend except Miss Piper is spending the night tomorrow night. She's requested Meat loaf, baked potatoes and honeyed carrots. :-)
I'm glad you found your paint. Supplies can add up really quickly and who wants to buy something twice if you alread have it.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

One day I'm gonna crochet some socks. Happy painting, knitting, craftng ... all the things. :)

Debi Mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
anna lucas said...

I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with$50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..