Sunday, October 3, 2021

YOP Week #14

 

I have a finish!  Not a final finish but a finish.  I will wait until all the ornaments are done and then final finish them all at the same time.  Here's the first ornament..........

I started the second one...a  pumpkin...............

and I worked a bit on my Fall alphabet sampler............

and When Witches Go Riding.............

I am very excited because I got all my QAL blocks sewn!!!  Yippee!  It's just a pile but later today I'll be laying them  out to see how I want the final quilt to look and then hopefully next week I will  have a quilt top to show you!  This is a Christmas quilt.

  

That's all for this week!  The Hawkeyes won their game against Maryland on Friday night but I didn't listen to it as it was past my bedtime! LOL!  So far they are 5 wins and 0 losses....go Hawks!  Today I 'll listen to the Bear's.  I wish they would do as well as the Hawks! LOL!  

We had lots of rain this past week and I woke up Friday morning and lo and behold...the trees changed color overnight!  They're just starting but that also means that Buddy, the little hummer boy, will be heading South before too long.  As much as I love Fall, I will miss that little guy!

I hope you are enjoying whatever season you are in. 

Happy Trails!!!




 

17 comments:

Maureen D said...

Your quilt fabric looks great. What a wonderful Christmas quilt. I just visited a local Charlie Harper quilt show. So many beautiful "quilts". They are all small decorative wall hangings versus something that goes on a bed. What will you do with your Halloween ornaments? Do you keep a seasonal tree? I think I might like to do that.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

A Christmas quilt? Oh, I am so in love with the colors! I finished a book that you had read, Dark Matter. It was different but I liked it too. Hugs, Diane

Leftycrafter said...

That ornament is precious. I know your grands are going to be thrilled with them. Your witches is coming along quite well too. It just might be done before the 31st. Congrats on getting all the blocks sewn together. Fingers crossed you get the top laid out and sewn by next week.

Rain said...

When witches go riding!!! I love that one, it looks so cute Sam, and your cat too! Oh you are making me want to stitch and quilt!!! Our hummers are long gone, I was putting the feeders out every week, but haven't seen them in a month or so.

Miss Merry said...

I am in love with Primitive Halloween and all your projects are just wonderful! You had a very productive week! I can't wait to see the quilt layout, too. Autumn is my favorite season.

Kath (BackstageKnits) said...

I love all your cross stitch! I’ve been really enjoying cross stitch lately myself

Cousin Kay said...

Cat ornament is adorable!

Becki said...

Had to go back and catch up on all the fabrics you're making your quilt with. Those are beautiful colors and combinations. I know I've told you before, but I just love that Autumn Alphabet sampler. :)

Betsy said...

Happy Sunday Sam. Your winter quilt looks great. I have the stitching done on two ornaments but haven't sen them into actual ornaments yet. It will be so nice to see all of your ornaments finished off. I'm waiting to finish mine until they're all stitched.
Have a great Saturday and Sunday.
Blessings

Far Side of Fifty said...

That is a happy cat! You are making progress, I know what you mean about Fall work and not getting much done inside! I need a rainy day!!

Susan said...

I said goodbye to my hummers a couple of weeks ago. It is sad to see them go. The dreaded humidity is starting to peter out, thank goodness. Love all your handiwork - so much talent!

Jeanna said...

Cute kitty. You are making a lot of progress on your projects. I just fully finished two cross stitch projects. Hoping for one more FFO before long.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I do have a Halloween tree and I will make the ornaments for my grandsons and one for me! My Christmas quilt is more lap size.

Jen said...

The cat ornament is great.

Lucy Bowen said...

I love all of ypur stitching, the cat ornament is lovely and I am looking forward to seeing the pumpkin with it. And the alphabet sampler is going to be great.

Breathing Life said...

Isn't it amazing how quickly the trees change from day to day? I love the fall trees.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’m behind again with all the blogger blogs, doh! Anyway I have seen your lovely quilt on Instagram so it looks fab sewn together now. You know I love your autumn and Halloween xs.