Friday, October 29, 2021

Friday is craft day !!! Yay! Yippee!

 Today I am dyeing yarn with my marigolds.....it's a long process for me since it is my first time.  I found a 2-burner hotplate that I used to use when I dyed wool years ago.  I cleaned it  up and I'm using it for my big old canning pot........this is my bare fingering weight yarn that I got from KnitPicks.  I just got done soaking it in hot water, some alum and cream of tartar that will help it hold the color better.

Now I have the marigolds heating up in water and then I will put the yarn in with the marigolds.  It will sit in the dye bath probably until tomorrow morning....don't worry...I'll take it off the burner!  So, I won't have any pictures of it until Sunday probably as it has to hang and drip dry pretty much.


I'm excited to see how it turns out!

While I was waiting for the water to heat etc...I did some decorating..........


My daughter gave me the crow and the truck full of pumpkins.  The Pumpkin sign I got several years ago but I don't remember where.

The Black Hat Society sign I got at the Dollar Tree for, you guessed it....$1!  Also, the pumpkin boxes.  The gourds I crocheted a few years back.  I gave my leaf banner to my daughter so I need to make another one.

Another Dollar store bargain....... the scarecrow

This is my first Halloween cross stitch from a few years back...

and last but not least I made these black cats several years ago and I think they are my favorite.

 

 I still haven't gotten my ornaments out.....I'm running late this year.

I hope you have a fun friday!

Happy Trails!!!





 

5 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

You always decorate so nicely. I am not a Halloween fan but love seeing how you make it look so sweet and fun.

Jeanna said...

Hey friend! I love your Fall / Halloween decor. I'm looking forward to seeing how the dyed yarn turns out. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Betsy said...

I'm also not much into halloween but do love fall decorations and I like yours very much. I think my favorites are the truck with pumpkins and the ones that you made.
I'm really looking forward to seeing your yarn. I've never dyed with flowers, just koolaid.
Take care my friend. It's turning much colder here on the 1st. Lows in the 20's for the first time this year. Brrrr.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice decorations! What a fun project dying yarn:)

HighlandHeffalump said...

Your displays are fabulous. Sorry I'm so behind reading all these posts.