Friday, October 8, 2021

Sewing Friday.........

 I try to reserve Friday for sewing otherwise I never do it.  Ignoring everything else that needs to be done is hard though....but I persevered!

I got all the rows sewn together for my Christmas quilt. and hopefully I will have a quilt top to show on Sunday.  A quilt top that has been sewn but not quilted is called a "flimsy".  This is a lap size quilt.  I made it out of reproduction vintage Christmas material.

That's all for today...it's beautiful here....blue skies, sunshine and 83 with no humidity.....perfection!

Happy Trails!!!


6 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I love those reproduction fabrics. This will be a wonderful quilt!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous! I love those fabrics!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice quilt!!

Rain said...

It looks very pretty Sam! :) I reserve certain days for my art too, or I'd never get around to it!! :)

Betsy said...

What a beautiful quilt Sam. I ordered some Thanksgiving and Christmas 18 x 18 interchangeable pillow covers on Amazon last night along with 4 pillow forms. I've always wanted holiday pillows to throw on the sofa and I finally did it. What spurred me on? A $19.99 snowman pillow at Lowes the other day. I thought that was ridiculous. I ordered all of the above at Amazon for just $38.99. Still a lot but basically 8 pillows for the price of 2! I will use them the rest of my life so I'm happy. :-)
I've been busy cross-stitching the yearly ornaments for the kids and grandkids. I'm stitching the last one now but can't show them on my blog or they will possibly see them. I'll have to finish them off but it's a relief to "almost" have the stitching done.
It's supposed to be in the low 80's here today too but last time I checked it was 91% humidity so a bit miserable. We're determined not to turn the A/C on today as it's supposed to be the last warm day in the 80's.
Have a great weekend my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

I love the fabrics in your Christmas quilt. Will you keep this one or gift it?