Thursday, October 28, 2021

Sausage gravy and biscuits

 I made made pork sausage gravy today and then homemade baking powder biscuits.  My biscuits didn't rise and my baking powder is new but who knows how long it was in the store.  I got it at our little grocery store here in town which doesn't always have the turnover of the big stores

I was able to slice them and have them with some butter and honey and they were great but thin! LOL!

It['s raining here today and I could take a nap but it's getting too late now.  I hope you are all fine.

Happy Trails!!!
 


7 comments:

Miss Merry said...

They still look tasty, but I understand your disappointment!

Betsy said...

They look good! I made the same thing for dinner. Homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. It was a comfort food type of day. Rainy and cold. We often like breakfast for dinner since we rarely eat breakfast.
Blessings,
Betsy

Leigh said...

Well, it still looks good! What was the baking powder expiration date? I gave up using baking powder long ago, since it's so easy to make my own leavening with baking soda and something acidic (vinegar, pickle juice, sour cream, lemon juice, cream of tartar, etc.)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I actually like my biscuits thin and biscuits and gravy sounds yummy! You mentioned something on your comment to me about Florida...no I've never hiked in that reserve. I live about 200 miles from there and have never been to that part of the state. We have a lot of hiking trails right here within a few miles of my house so that's where I like to go. Hope your day is nice. Ours was stormy yesterday but today is beautiful! Hugs, Diane

Belinda said...

Yum, they look delicious. I like things like this thin, cornbread too. The thinner the better. :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Look yummy! Check the date on the can! Usually baking powder is good a long time...they look good anyway!

Jeanna said...

Well, my friend, the thinner they are - they less calories they have. (Please...just go with it) :) Have a great weekend.