Sunday, October 31, 2021

YOP Week #18

Happy Halloween!!!
 
My favorite month is almost over and one of my favorite holidays....boo hoo!  This month went very fast!

I was able to finish my Halloween cross stitch...........it's not framed but it will be by the time the next Halloween rolls around..................

I also dyed some fingering weight yarn with marigolds.  I thought it would come out yellow but I included the entire flower not just the petals so I got a green........not bad but just not what I expected...............but that's part of the fun of it.........I do like the variegation of color from light to dark and vice versa..........it will eventually become a pair of socks..............

Remember my September cross stitch?  I can't find it ...it must have gotten buried underneath something but I did find a fall XS small that I had started last year so I'm working on it...........eventually it will say "Give Thanks"..............

I also started a t.v. project of granny squares but haven't decided if I want the solid color or the changing colors.....I just made one solid so far.............what do you think?

Today is not only Halloween but also The Chicago Bears play at noon.  Yesterday I listened to the Iowa Hawkeyes get trounced by the Wisconsin Badgers.....so sad....they were 6-1 and now they are 6-2.  I'm hoping the Bears do better than last week.  I got some candy for my Halloween and I am making 7-Layer dip for the game.  Here's the recipe  and you serve it with tortilla chips.........

 Now that the Halloween ornaments and cross stitch are done it is time to focus on Christmas!  It will be here before we know it! 

I hope you had a great week and plans for another!

Happy Trails!!!
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I vote for color with the granny squares! Happy Halloween...you got your x stitch done!

Maureen D said...

That looks like it will be a pretty fall cross stitch. Something fun for November. We live so far off the road that we never get trick or treaters. Hence any decorations are definitely only for us to enjoy. Of course, the same is try for Christmas decorations. Your natural dyed yarn does look pretty. Maybe paired with yellow dyed yarn.

Cousin Kay said...

Halloween cross stitch turned out great. Happy Halloween!

Lucy Bowen said...

Oh my your Halloween cross stitch is beautiful- well done on completing it!

Leftycrafter said...

The xstitch turned out super cute. Will you be framing it or making a hanging out of it or make it into a pillow? I like your solid color granny square. Multi colored ones are good too. Depends on what strikes your mood that day. I do both and mix and match in a blanket. Your self dyed yarn is pretty. The color looks more yellow than green to me. It will be fun to see it knit up into a pair of socks.

Betsy said...

Your cross stitch turned out so great! I can't wait to see it framed. That color isn't what I was expecting either but it's great!
We had zero trick or treaters tonight. I was so surprised and now have a LOT of candy that we shouldn't and won't eat.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

Wow, congratulations on finishing When Witches Go Riding. There are a lot of stitches in that one. It came out really nice. I love the color of your yarn. That looks like it was a fun process. Your making me want to break out my crochet hook and knitting needles!

Jen said...

Great job on the cross stitch. I like to mix and match my granny squares. Mine are usually scrap projects so they have many colors. Your yarn is great. I love to see how the natural dyes take to the yarn.

Breathing Life said...

Your pumpkin display is amazing! and hoorah for finishing that Halloween cross stitch. I hope you find the missing project. That 7 layer dip looks amazing. Well done.

Cinna Knits said...

I love your Halloween cross stitch! With 360 days (give or take) getting it framed is a very doable goal.
Maybe make solid squares until you run out of yarn (I'm funny)? Then if its not the size you want, throw in the variegated stuff!!

HighlandHeffalump said...

That's a lovely halloween display and your finished Halloween cross stitch looks amazing. Well done finishing it in time.