Sunday, October 17, 2021

YOP Week #16

I haven't blogged all week mostly because I haven't done anything.  I'm not sure if it's the change in the season or temps or what but I was pretty much exhausted all week.  I did have a lot going on but not to make me so tired.  I had annual taxes to pay, annual termite inspection and pest control, and a flu shot.  I was supposed to get a pneumonia shot too but the BCBS website was down so I will go in this week for that.  I got a few more Fall/Halloween decorations up but didn't take any photos.....I will this week.

I did finish my quilt top!  Here it is...........I learned so much from Celeste and chain piecing which I had heard of but never done......it's the bee's knees!  That tip alone saves hours!  Next will be cutting and sewing the backing and then sandwiching the batting and backing fabric and quilt top....then pin basting and then quilting and binding.  Still a ways to go but all enjoyable especially when I think of the finished project I will be able to enjoy for years to come each Christmas.   


 

I did not get the ornaments final finished but I did work on my ornament.  I made several mistakes in this one but at least the ones I am gifting are fine.........it's not finished yet but getting there

I had Rottweilers most of my adult life and now I am dog-less and really miss them and the fact that there will be no more dogs in my life but I saw this picture and it brought a smile to my face........look at those big feet!!! LOL!  Too cute!

I hope you had a better week than me and more energy for sure!

Happy Trails!!!



14 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Nice to hear from you! I just love that quilt top. Time seems too be moving too fast around here, too.

Leftycrafter said...

Nice quilt top. It will be a true heirloom. We get our flu shot tomorrow then our covid booster in 2 weeks. Starting to feel like a pin cushion lol.

Cousin Kay said...

I'd say since you finished the quilt top that you got a lot done. It's really lovely.

Maureen D said...

Your Christmas quilt looks great. Glad you found a helpful tip. Totally can relate to missing having a doggie. I've always had a dog since I was born until our last one died 2 years ago. Snowbirding makes having a pet impossible unless we buy a place which I don't want to do. Luckily my son is still living with me while he finishes college and he has a dog. I do have a cat which I enjoy and is less work than a dog. Once my son moves out, I'm going to have to try to sneak in the cat to the Flordia rental. "Sneaking" a dog would be impossible.

Betsy said...

I think your Christmas quilt top is looking beautiful Sam. As for being tired, Dennis and I were just driving home from Mandy's house where he had put up a couple of wall things for her and fixed the bed slat that had fallen out. We were talking about how tired we both are. Very unusual for us. It was 4:00 in the afternoon. All we did all day was Sunday School, church, then Mandy's. Maybe it's the colder nights and adjusting to that.
Take care my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice quilt top! I know it is the flu shot that is making me tired, maybe you too. Nice to have someone to suffer a like symptom...at least I know I am not nuts! :)

HighlandHeffalump said...

Oh Sam, your quilt looks amazing. You are really tempting me to give quilting a try and this looks so effective. This week flew for me and I think it’s the darker mornings and darker evenings just makes it seem like the days are super short now. Have a wonderful week...oh and dog shelters often have a need for foster parents for short term periods...any chance you could do that?

Jeanna said...

Lovely quilt top. Congrats on getting it done. Sometimes you just need a break and rest. Hope you do that and feel much better soon.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I've heard of that fostering but I can barely take care of the 2 cats and myself. I have no urge to take care of anyone or anything anymore. I can barely take care of myself.

Breathing Life said...

Your quilt top looks amazing. Now I have to go look up what chain piecing is - I am glad you found it helpful. I am hoping to get my flu shot tomorrow. We have to line up - no appts this year so I am hoping it won't be too long of a line with too many people. Fingers crossed. Rest up dear friend. Everything will get done in good time.

ceulanfibres said...

Your quilt looks fabulous, and so cosy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! WOW! And the weather has cooled here and I do believe I have just a bit more energy...just a bit! lol Hugs!

Lucy Bowen said...

I love this time of year and it's so nice to cosy up and do very little! Your quilt top is splendid!

Jen said...

Your quilt top is lovely. It’ll be great to snuggle up under.