Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Happy Fall Y'all

 Fall has arrived with a bang...cooler temps, rain and my little hummer boy, Buddy left yesterday....I can't believe how sad it makes me.  I get so attached and he was so distinguishable.  I pray he has a safe trip.  They travel alone for hundreds of miles.  I will leave the feeder up as hummers from the north or east pass through and need a rest stop.  I have no idea how they know but they do.  They must fly low and look for spots of red.  They are amazing creatures.

Monday, I ordered groceries to pickup.  I didn't need a lot just some staples.  I think I ordered like 13 items and after I placed the order it stated they only had 3 of the items!  What?  I think they are trying to wean people off the pickup part...what else could it be?  I decided to go to the store and go inside and shop which I haven't done in over a year!  They had most of the things I needed so why did they say they didn't?  Very fishy if you ask me!  I do spend more when I go in the store but it was nice because I was able to get 2 mums: one for inside and one for outside, 2 pumpkins and some gourds.  I also got some Halloween candy...oh!  No trick or treaters?  That's okay.....lol! It did feel good to get out and all the employees wear masks but very few customers but it wasn't crowded.  By the time I got home though and unloaded and disinfected and put away the groceries, I was toast!  I took a 2 hour nap!

Today is raining and cozy.....here's my indoor mum...it really is a houseplant!  It practically glows it is so beautiful!

I'm burning my cozy cabin candle and starting to drag out the Fall and Halloween decorations.....


 here's  some gourds I picked up too.............

I've got a cherry dump cake in the oven for dessert tonight with ice cream.  I don't use cherry pie filling though.  I use canned tart cherries.  I find the pie filling too sweet for my taste.

Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

Betsy said...

A cherry dump cake sounds wonderful. I'll be right over for a big piece with a cup of tea. I have some homemade chicken enchilada's to share with you for dinner.
I agree about Walmart. I have given up online ordering for now. They rarely had more than half of what I was ordering for Mom and I. However, the only thing out of stock when I went inside were cantaloupes.
I'm sure your hummer will be fine. It's amazing how they know these things. I was watching geese fly south on Monday and almost cried because it reminded me so much of Spokane. They would have left Spokane the end of September. I love being close to family and am so happy to be here, but I really loved Spokane's nature, mountains and all of our friends, really like family after almost 30 years.
Take care my friend. Enjoy your cake and think of me!
Blessings,
Betsy

Leftycrafter said...

How nice that you found some extra treats by going inside to shop. Do you think your Buddy hummer will return to you next year? That would be do sweet. We will be cooling off a lot next week. I am looking forward to it. Nof sure it will stay cool but any day below 80 is a gift.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I really have to force myself to go anywhere these days. And once I get out of the habit of going anywhere, it just gets that much harder to find motivation. I used to use those canned pie fillings but definitely wouldn't now. They are for sure way too sweet and have all kinds of unnecessary stuff in them. Still hot here during the day, nighttime temps are getting better, but I never go out then. :/

Miss Merry said...

I have found some of the same issues with online grocery shopping. I have also found food that is "marked up" with higher prices than if I shop in person. My daughter and I have both been disappointed that milk is close to sell by date and sometimes even spoils before the sell by date, making us think the order is pulled early and left to sit out. I have resumed in store shopping, although I had to mark a few off my list due to no one, including employees, wearing masks. I try to go only once a month if possible. I have to drive out of town for a curbside pick up and sometimes things would "fall off" my list on my way over to pick up the order. Usually the things I was most in need of. Love the mums!!!

Jeanna said...

Wow! Who knew that going to the grocery store would one day be an adventure. I agree that it seems a bit fishy that you couldn't get all those items ordered and delivered but yet they had them in the store. I've been doing all of the shopping for us and my mom. It is a process! The cake sounds great. I have some cherries, maybe I'll make a pie this weekend.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

They say they do return to the same feeders every year and generations of them. This was where my Mother fed them from the same hook so I like to think it is the same family that she fed when she was alive.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Other than apples, the grocery stuff has been pretty good lately...oh the rotten mandarians...yuck but they refunded me...so there is that! That is a real pretty Mum!