Wednesday, October 27, 2021

My favorite month has been overrun with busyness!

 Of course being sick for a week didn't help but now I'm trying to make up for lost time.  It is raining now and will for the next 2 days so before the rain came I went and got my prescriptions.  I was going to get my pneumonia shot but they were busy with COVID booster shot people so I held off.  I came home and harvested all my marigolds which I hated to do as they were so beautiful but I knew the rain would make them mushy.  They will have more blossoms as we haven't had a frost....yet.  I'm soaking them in hot water until tomorrow when I will make the dye bath and dye my sock yarn.  It wasn't what I had planned but harvest time is harvest time!  I'm still getting banana peppers and green peppers and there are some tiny egg plant but not sure if they will have time to mature.  There are green tomatoes and I got 1 red one.

Colors are getting pretty here and probably peak the end of this week.....they haven't been that colorful this year though..........

I need to harvest the little Bradford Pears.....they  make a nice filler around candles and for decorating.  I should try dyeing them...that might be interesting...........

I did a little decorating outside........


I also brought in wood for the fireplace and now I'm done for the day!

Happy Trails!!!




7 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Sounds pretty busy! Can't wait to the see the results of your dying project.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice Mum! You have some color! WE will soon head to brown:(

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your mum is beautiful! Enjoy your evening! Stay warm!

Leftycrafter said...

Glad you are feeling better. You have been really busy with outdoor work. Cute outside decor.

Betsy said...

You are busy so you must be feeling better. We got our Covid boosters yesterday. Dennis is fine, just as he was from the first two, but I've felt pretty icky today, just like I did with the others.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Jeanna said...

The marigold dye sounds interesting. Your little bench is adorable. I love fall decor.

Rain said...

Hi Sam!!! It's definitely a busy time of the year! I love your outdoor decorations!!! ♥♥