Monday, March 7, 2022

Spring (tornado season) in the Ozarks!

 It was a rough night and I spent some of it in the basement!  I thought everything was fine as the weather radio had not gone off.   Then I checked my phone and lo and behold we were under a tornado warning!  I went to the basement and we never got hit but several areas around us did.  No one got hurt but there was damage.  I couldn't understand why my NOAA weather radio hadn't gone off.   Well, this morning the news said that one of their radio transmitters wasn't working!  Lucky I checked my phone!

Needless to say I am very tired today.  Yesterday I made cookies (Pioneer Woman's Oatmeal Crispies) did laundry and ran the dishwasher in case we lost power during the storm but we never did.  There was lots of lightening and thunder.


 

Spring is definitely here..........overnight the grass turned green!

and more flowers popped up.........

I managed to get some work done today but I was dragging myself through it.  I'll be hitting the sack early tonight!

I hope you are fine on this Monday.

Happy Trails!!!



8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

No wonder you are exhausted. I think we are over warned here. We each have two different alarms on our phones. Our cable sounds alarms. And our city has installed a siren at the end of our street. As parents of a local law enforcement officer, we have both a digital and an analog scanner and those broadcast warnings, too. All this is for tornados only thanks goodness. Although they all warn us of bad weather, there is no ear piercing sounds.

Your cookies sound delicious! Glad you were safe.

Leftycrafter said...

Glad to hear you are ok. Tornados have been very deadly this year.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you are okay! Green grass that is a sight for sore wintery eyes!

Betsy said...

I'm so sorry that you missed so much sleep Sam. The weather has been so strange already this year. So many tornadoes. We had unexpected snow last night. 2 1/2 inches! It wasn't predicted at all as far as we know. First we knew was when Dennis took Zoey outside at midnight. Lo and behold there was a bunch of white fluffy stuff! A lot melted today and the rest should be gone tomorrow with the predicted 50F. However, Thursday we are supposed to get 7+ inches of snow again. That's more than we've had all winter up to now!
I'm so glad you're okay and up to baking those delicious looking cookies. Yum!
Blessings,
Betsy

Alissa said...

Glad you are safe. Some friends in Iowa were also under a warning, but so far everyone I know is safe. Those cookies look delightful!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

My family is in Iowa and Iowa had 7 people die but it was west of where my family is. It's hard to imagine people in Iowa getting caught unaware unless they were driving or in a trailer...so sad as there are plenty of warnings usually.

Jeanna said...

So happy the storms weren't terrible for you. The weather just seems to get more and more crazy. We are leaving next week to take the camper for service up in Ohio...hoping we don't run into any bad rain, sleet or snow! Those cookies look good, I'm going to look up the recipe.

Sharm said...

Yummy looking cookies - I can imagine you would be exhausted and very grateful we don't have too much of that here although over the past few years there has been the odd one go through