Saturday, March 12, 2022

Taxes and snow!!!

It snowed yesterday.....about 2-3 inches.....the poor little flowers and the robins.............

it won't last as today will be in the 40's and this next week 70's!

I got a lovely card and letter from my good friend Sue yesterday!  Who doesn't love to receive mail from a friend?   Thank you, Sue, it meant a lot to me.

I received my E crochet hook in the mail too...now I can do amigurumi.  I've been  using an F hook for now but you're supposed to use an E hook.  Plus, the E hook is cushioned so it will be easier on my hands. 

I've had a pretty productive week.  Yesterday I did my taxes and cleaned out another cupboard and straightened my desk.The only negative part of the week was......my lab work.  Remember when I said the nurse called and said my lab work was all normal back in January?  When I saw my doctor last week he never mentioned my lab work but they gave me a copy to take home.  Yesterday, I finally sat down to take a look at my visit report and my lab work before filing.  They always flag lows and highs on the lab report.  Well, there were several highs.....all having to do with the kidneys.  So the nurse lied because  it wasn't "all good" and the doctor didn't look at it unless he only looks at it if the nurse flags it?  On top of that when I left and made my annual and wellness appointments, the gal at the desk made one appointment with my doctor and one appointment with another doctor in the building!  I'm beginning to think they are all smoking something!   I was pretty upset especially since I  had complained about the pain I had.  I feel great now but the lab results make me wonder.     More "adventures in aging"!  I'll be calling them on Monday!

Happy Trails!!!

4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you can get to the bottom of the lab report. The Health care system is overwhelmed...so they miss lots of stuff, a person has to be aware all the time:( Taxes I bet you are glad to have them done and well the snow will melt faster than ours:)

Miss Merry said...

My doctors made me come in for a check up and then orders lab work. I have called and asked to have the lab work first, but that is not how they do it. So I went for a check up (really just to get my prescriptions renewed since I switched to Medicare) and he said, see you in a year. And ordered lab work.

Then I get a call from who I am sure was the receptionist and got very bad results from my bone scan which was a last minute after thought. She said that he wanted to order a monthly shot of something I never heard of and told me to start taking calcium supplements but gave no details or amounts. I didn't ask many questions since I was not expecting this, but did ask if I needed to make an appointment? She said, ah, ah, ah, how about you just see him next time you come in. I said, well he said he would see me in a year. She said ah, ah, ah, okay.

Well, I researched the shot (which I would have to administer myself once a month for the rest of my life) and it sounds pretty scary. Lots of side effects and once you start taking it, you cannot stop with out medical supervision. You aren't even supposed to go for dental work. I went to the store and bought a bottle of calcium supplements and made my own regimen. I did go back and read my x-rays from 2 years ago when I broke my arm and compared them to the bone scan. The x-rays 2 years ago mention deterioration of my spine and you almost would think that someone would have noted that or mentioned it. I do not believe one person looked at those chest x-rays except the anesthesiologist who was doing the sedation. I guess the moral is that I should have been more vigilant in setting up an account at the hospital where I could read my medical reports on line and do my own diagnosis since no one else is.

Betsy said...

Oh boy! I sure agree with Merry and Far Side. Dealing with Mom's stuff now, along with our own makes me think that NO one really cares anymore. I miss our Primary Care doctor in Spokane. I had his cell number and could call him personally anytime. He was a Christian and showed it in his care for you. He didn't pay any attention to the insurance rules that he could only spend 7 minutes per patient. He always spent however much time you needed with you. I miss him.
I agree that you definitely need to get to the bottom of the reports. Kidneys are nothing to mess with.
Yay for getting the new hook. More projects, here you come!
The snow missed us almost entirely Thursday. They kept predicting 7-9 inches all week and we got barely a dusting that was gone in about an hour.
Take care of yourself Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

Alissa said...

I am sorry to hear about your lab work. Maybe your doctor's office is overworked due to Covid. I hope you get some answers!