Sunday, March 27, 2022

YOP Week #39 Year #11


 Hello friends!  I think I have my crafting/creating mojo back...at least partially.  You have seen all of this before but this is what I actually worked on this week.  I've laid the giant granny square on top of my other one and it is almost as big.  I will be making this one much bigger though like a regular blanket size not just a throw.  I will put a progress keeper in it so you can see my weekly progress...I keep forgetting to do that!

I worked on the Prairie Schooler Santa and I am so close to finishing that I may just finish it this week and not wait until it comes up in the rotation.

I was behind in my rotation schedule as I had done nothing in several weeks so now I am trying to catch up...........here's my birthday start.....Ida Mae Crow..........

and my Blackbird piece that is my Saturday stitch......the third finger is about done.......

Last but not least I'll be working on my Sabbath stitch today....I'm hoping to get the "G" in God finished.  I stitch in hand usually but I can't use the sewing method as the  floss is too thick.  I don't mind as it is a pleasant stitch.

I think the Bradford Pear is at it's peak bloom....pretty soon it will start losing petals and slowly turn to green leaves..........I took this through the screen......

I'm still cleaning and clearing and this week I got my Quicken Will and Trust software.  I finished the personal part and now I have a 7 page property questionnaire to fill out.  I really do not like filling out forms but it will feel so good to have this taken care of!

Tomorrow  I go to Mountain Home for my eye doctor appointment.  I have to have my eyes checked every 6 months because of the medicine I am on for rheumatoid arthritis.  They dilate my eyes and so far I have been able to drive my self back home (1 1/2 hours) so wish me luck and say a prayer!

I need to see if I can find someone to drive me if need be and I have a cataract so that surgery will definitely require a "driver"!  Big storms are once again on the horizon for Wednesday.  This past week I made tuna salad, Rice Krispie Treats, and homemade pizza. I've been reading Heartbreak, a non-fiction about the physical effects of trauma on your body and my non-fiction is Out to Canaan a Mitford series book.  I'm almost finished with both so I need to line up my next books.  As for t.v. I've watched some cross stitch podcasts, news about Ukraine and the Supreme Court nominee, and on the Roku channel they have all the episodes of Medium which are the true cases of Allison Dubois, a psychic medium who has for years helped the police solve cases.  The real Allison Dubois is also on You Tube where she talks about communicating with the dead.  

So, that's all the news that's fit to print!  I hope you all had a great week and I am trying catch up with all of you!

Happy Trails!!!   


11 comments:

Jen said...

That granny square is so bright and cheerful! The needlework is coming along, I especially like the Santa. He’s cute! Good luck with your appointments! I hope you are able to find a driver.

Maureen D said...

I loved the TV show Medium. I'll have to check out the podcast by the real Allison Dubois. Congrats on working on your will and trust. Never fun but essential. Your blanket looks so pretty. I just love colorful handmades like that.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, Your Bradford Pear is a beauty! Glad you are working on crafts again, yes I liked The Medium also it was a good show:)

Breathing Life said...

Glad your mojo has returned. That pear tree is amazing and quite a treat for your eyes. Speaking of eyes I hope all goes well for your trip to the eye doc and you find a driver to help out. I am going to check out that TV show Medium. Sounds just up my alley!

Betsy said...

You sure have gotten a lot done Sam! I'm so impressed. I wish we lived close enough to give you a ride home from the eye doctor. I would love to live close enough to come and crochet and stitch with you. Move to Iowa Sam. Western Iowa!!!!
That tree is so pretty. I miss the two that we had in our yard in Spokane. I loved the smell of the blossoms in the spring.
Blessings,
Betsy

Leftycrafter said...

Your granny square is growing quickly. Mine is in time out because it is too hot to work on again. Our winters are too short LOL. You do so well on your cross stitch. Your Bradford Pear is gorgeous. It is huge too. I didn't realize they got that big. We did our will and trust a few years ago. It sure does ease up a few worries. We still need to do a list of who gets what valuables, like jewelry and collectibles. Glad to hear you are feeling your mojo back. It is kind of sad when it leaves but so joyous when it returns.

Jeanna said...

Nice progress on your crafting...glad to hear you've gotten your mojo back. Good luck at the eye appointment...be safe.

Anne P said...

I absolutely LOVE your crochet blankets. The colors are so bright and cheerful. Hopefully you'll get all that paperwork finished up and you can have that off your plate to focus on other things. Enjoy those beautiful spring views!

HighlandHeffalump said...

Ooh that tree is pretty. I’m glad your crafting mojo has returned and hope your eye appointment has gone well. Sounds like you are getting things in the house and life admin organised so that will result in guilt free crafting time when that’s done. I hate having things on my mind I should get done. Hope you are having a good week.

Cinna Knits said...

You have made great progress on the Giant Granny!! They start off SO FAST and then progress seems to grow somewhat slower.
I love seeing all your cross stitch projects, they are are lovely!

Best of luck with your eye dr appt!

Lucy Bowen said...

The granny square is coming along brilliantly. As is everything else with your returning mojo! I hope the appointment went OK and that you weathered the storm literally.