Sunday, March 13, 2022

YOP Week #37 Year #11


 
If that isn't the truth!  But right now I am big into Spring/Annual cleaning.  I didn't do a lot of work on projects.  I think there were 2 things that got me cleaning more than crafting.  One was the health scare and thinking I'd better "get my ducks in a row" and the second thing was watching the Ukrainians having to leave everything behind and seeing their country and homes destroyed.  It made me realize that they would give anything to be able to dust and clean and cook and have their lives and their homes back.  So, every time I see them fleeing on the t.v. I get motivated to take care of my home and appreciate what I have in their honor.

I did manage to do a few things.........yesterday was Blackbird Saturday.........working on the 3rd finger..

I worked on the amigurumi bunny and it is getting difficult as I just separated for the legs........

In the evenings I worked on the  giant granny blanket and it is not giant yet but it is growing!
I also worked on my Multnomah shawl but boy is it slow going!  Fingering weight yarn feels like your standing still.......but there is the green progress marker so you can see I really have been working on it!

I've gotten quite a few "treasures" that I haven't shown on YOP so here goes..........

I was winding my skeins of yarn by hand but it was starting to bother my shoulder so I decided to get the ball winder.  I already have the skein holder or what ever you call it.  I got it on sale quite a while ago.

a cushioned E hook for amigurumi.....the old aluminum hook hurts my hands.....
a great crochet book but in the wrong language!  She's sending me another one...in English this time! LOL!
My first (highly recommended) amigurumi book...
and out of the blue.....who knew............a watercolor book.........now I just have to save up for the supplies which are pricey!

I also got a skein of DMC Natura cotton yarn.  The yarn looks like fingering weight.  People love it.  I'm looking forward to trying it.

These last 2 weeks in a nutshell involved a doctor appointment, I cleaned several cupboards, both bathrooms top to bottom, and I did my taxes, and got groceries.  I also went through a bunch of paperwork and cleaned off my desk and we had an ice storm and a snow storm. I've been pretty productive.  The fear of God is a great motivator!  

This week will be nice weather so I may be working outside more and putting screens up.  I need to pay bills, work on will and power of attorney,clean more cupboards/drawers, do some ironing, work on bunny, giant granny (always), and I found material for backing rug hooked heart pillow.  There's St. Patrick's Day and corned beef dinner plus cross stitch projects.

That should keep me off the streets and out of trouble!  What are your plans for the coming week?  Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?  I sent the grands some treats.  I celebrate mostly with good food! LOL!   

Happy Trails!!!




10 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

It is St Urhos Day on March 16! No parade for us this year as it is too far to drive! My Spring cleaning may be summer cleaning...we will see. You have lots of projects happening! Have a good week Sam:)

Maureen D said...

Will and Power of Attorney are essential!! Glad you are getting those done. Welcome to my world of all things fingering. That's why I focus on stitches knit instead of project finished. Just takes too long!! Congrats on getting so much cleaning done.

Leftycrafter said...

Cleaning could be a YOP item. Doing a will and POA is so vital. We did ours 2 years ago and are glad we did. You past week was quite active. It's some crazy weather this time of year.

Breathing Life said...

oooo that water colour book looks very inviting - hmmm I might have to give it a go. Yes I wear green on St. Patrick's day and my son's band always plays a gig somewhere (he is a fiddler). I am not much into corned beef - but a green milkshake is always fun! I am glad you are feeling better, and I hear you about being grateful for the homes we have in light of the Ukraine war. So very heartbreaking. I did have to have a wee chuckle about how how are starting the middle finger. I really do have the sense of humour equivalent to a nine year old sometimes.

Miss Merry said...

We got our will, poa and healthcare poa in order when my parents were ill. My dad's was a mess and he was in the ICU following his first stroke. When I called an attorney about a POA, it is tricky when the person can't consent. Luckily he improved enough in a week to come home and we were able to take a trip to the attorney. After both passed, I took the money left to me and bought a plot for me and hubs, bought the stone and had it engraved (left off the end date) and blew the rest on the attorney for the will and power of attorneys. I have all my copies in a folder marked "what if" on my book shelf and he has copies in his office, too.

Some of my husband's relatives are stopping by the weekend after St Pat's so we are skipping it this year to try to clear a path in this house and just moving to some Easter decorations to cover the worst.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I had will and POA done but in Iowa and no one told me you have redo when you move to another state....duh!

Betsy said...

You've had a busy life lately Sam. We had our wills, etc., when we lived in NE before. We had to redo them when we moved to Washington. Then, last summer we had to do them all again when we moved back to NE. We also got Mom to finally do the same. We've paid more to lawyers for wills and POA than we have in our estate. Ha!
It was such a gorgeous day here today in the mid 60's. We went and walked around the cemetery and visited lots of relatives graves. It's just a few blocks from our house and I love to walk there. Then I sat on the front porch with Zoey and knitted while Dennis tinkered in the garage. I called Mom and walked over to get her and she sat with me for an hour or so. It was good for her to get out of the house. She sits in front of the news for about 16 hours a day. No exaggeration. And then she wonders why she gets depressed! I can't watch more than a few minutes, just to find out the latest and then I shut it off. Music or craft Youtube videos are my favorites.
Take care Sam. I wish you would come back here close to me where we could visit each other.
Blessings,
Betsy

Alissa said...

Bob made me Colcannon for the first time, and I loved it. I will have to research Irish desserts and see if I can make any of them gluten free! Lol

Jeanna said...

You are smart to get things in order, it is a great reminder to the rest of us. Love your BBD stitchery and the granny square is growing!

Rain said...

Those are some nice books Sam, and your bunny is so cute!!! ☺☺ I don't celebrate St-Pat's day anymore, I used to with food, but life has been so busy lately. We are dealing with more sick pets, and a sick Rain this week!!!