Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Humdinger of a birthday!!!


 Wow!  Who would think you could have such a great day on your 72nd birthday?  It was amazing!  One of the best, thanks to well wishers and phone callers and gift givers!  I got a nice phone call from an old friend and my grandson sent me a video of himself wishing me a happy birthday first thing in the morning.  He and I are the early risers in the family.  I tried to upload the video but I couldn't so here's a screenshot he sent me this morning......


  Then the mail came and holy cannoli!  I got a bunch of goodies!  Most of them were for me from me but there was one package from my good friend Connie from Far Side of Fifty.....I was bowled over by her generosity!

First she sent me one of her beautiful handmade cards......

and a hand crocheted shawlette which I adore because my neck always gets cold in the winter.....

Isn't it gorgeous!?! And so soft!!!  I love it, Connie!  But that's not all!  She sent me one of her hand craved and hand painted houses...........I already had the little house and the tree and now I have a bigger house with another tree!  I practically have a Christmas village!

 But wait!  That's not all!  She sent me this handmade post-it holder to put in your purse...so cute and so handy!  Connie is very talented.........if she doesn't know how to do something she'll figure it out!  Thank you so much, Connie!  They were very much appreciated and really made my day!

Next, the presents from me to me......2 xs patterns I've been wanting for awhile........

 


 
and a magazine...............on sale because it is from 2015..I don't care as that style doesn't get old........

floss for my New Year's Day start...........

and my New Year's day cross stitch start......Betty Glover 1837 reproduction sampler............started today.  As you can see this is a big one!  The other 2 patterns are my New Year's Day start and my birthday start  then we're done  until Stitch Maynia and that will be WIP's and no new starts!


I finally took a walk yesterday...ever since my fall I've been hesitant but I knew I had to get "back in the saddle again"...it was a gorgeous day and I have really missed my walks...........
Since they cleared out the lot across the street I can see the lake now.

There were several things I wanted to do on my birthday and one was to write down my goals for the coming year and monthly tasks etc.  I grabbed a notebook my daughter gave me and went outside and sat in the sun.....quiet and peaceful and that sun felt so good!


  After that I came inside and subscribed to Netflix and watched the first 3 episodes of Virgin River!  One of the YOP bloggers recommended it and it is very good. I had an Italian frozen dinner and cream puffs for dessert of which neither were very good.  I am just so used to home cooked from scratch that they didn't taste right.  I would have been better going to Sonic and getting a bacon cheeseburger! LOL!  But I can't complain when so many are needing food.  

I'll leave you with a picture of Miss Peeps enjoying the tissue paper that Connie had wrapped my gifts in..............she had so much fun!  The gift that keeps on giving!

Happy Trails!!!






 

 

 

 

 

The rest of the presents were for me from me............2 patterns I'd been wanting........


 



11 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday sweet friend! I read what you wrote to my hubby about a lot of your presents...from me to me! Mine is in a couple of weeks so I better get busy and order a few things for myself! haha! I always have lots of my wish list! LOVE the grandson message and all the sweet gifts and calls! You are blessed! And we are only 1 year apart my friend! So birthday HUGS coming your way! Have a fabulous day! Love you bunches!!! Diane

Leftycrafter said...

So glad you had a fabulous birthday. You deserve it! Your grandson is a cutie. What a lovely face to see first thing in the morning. The gifts from Connie are so special and sweet. What a very special friend you have there. Your new xstitch items are sure to cause some lovely stitching time. Glad you got back out to walk again. You live in such a beautiful area.

Cousin Kay said...

I think your grandson looks a bit like Gus! Do you? Those little houses are adorable.

Between Me and You said...

Happiest of Birthdays to you and I'm so glad you're enjoying Virgin River. Your grandson looks adorable and how sweet of him to video message you. Enjoy the rest of your birthday.x

Far Side of Fifty said...

So glad the gifts arrived okay! You are special so I didn't want to let your birthday go by without some gifts! You will love Netflix...I do and it is worth what it costs a month. I like Virgin River and several other series that I need to catch up with. So much there to watch! Miss Peeps enjoyed your gift too! Hey the houses look like they are from the same village...same color of paint...that was just luck and not planned! Have a good week Sam!

Miss Merry said...

Happy Birthday- sounds like a wonderful day! The wonderful video from the handsome young men and the terrific gifts from Connie! And your new projects are just awesome.

Becki said...

Happy Birthday, Sam! What a great start to your day, and what a cutie your grandson is. Your gifts are all terrific. How sweet of Connie. The carved houses are super cool. I hope the whole week feels like a Happy Birthday week, dear one.

Hill Top Post said...

Happy birthday, Sam! That was quite a party, thanks to good friends and family, and your very own happy self! It really is time to get on with all those plans and projects! Take care and enjoy all those wonderful gifts!

Betsy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday a little late Sam. I'm sorry I'm late to the party. Connie sure outdid herself didn't she? Such sweet gifts from her. I love the gifts from me to me. My birthday is in a couple of weeks. Maybe I should get something ordered. :-)
Your grandson is sure a cutie and I can't fault his taste in T-shirts either. Go Hawkeyes! Whoo-hoo!
I finally got my Sheep Virtues out today and did a few rows. It felt really good to have that little needle in my hand again. The Walmart called and said my glasses were FINALLY in. It's been 4 weeks! They were lost several times and sent to wrong stores. I can't believe how much better I can see those tiny squares now.
Blessings always my friend,
Betsy

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I thought he looked like me...the first one in the family that does but I could be wrong! LOL! Now that you mention he does look like Gus when he was little.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

BTW, his brother Samuel is named after me and Grayson is names after the Grays.