Sunday, January 24, 2021

YOP Week #30

It's been a really great week on all fronts actually.  I even have a finish!  I've created a rotational plan for my cross stitch and I may make one for my other crafts too.  The purpose is to ensure I get around to all the projects I want to do and yet finish them in the process.

My cross stitch schedule/rotation is as follows:  1 big project, 1 small, 1 Blackbird Designs project and a sampler.  I just finished a sort of small project.........Chicken Joy by The Real Housewives of Cross Stitch.  It was a free pattern that they gave away last Christmas.....I'm sure you can still find it.

I've picked out my next small and will kit it up this week............I found this pattern on Etsy and she has lots more that are really sweet!  She's from Iowa too.....

Here's the name of her shop............

My big project is The Star...........the lighting is really bad today as it is dark and cloudy

and my Blackbird Designs project is this one you might remember............

here's  my progress on it...........

The rotation as it stands now will be the small on Tuesday and Thursday, Blackbird Designs on Saturday and The Star on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  Sunday will be Sampler Sunday and it will be Betsy Glover. 

I did work on the leg of the second sock........but not much.......and I'm using the sea glass progress keeper from Liz....across the sea!


  I did a few little granny squares using cotton yarn which I am really liking............

I also ironed and cut out my patterns for the snowman wool applique but I forgot the black background of his hat.....oh well, I have plenty of black wool..........

I got one little bit of haul this week.....a Lori Holt quilting book that was on sale.........there are multiple projects in it.....

 I did press my hexie fabric yesterday and will cut that out today.  My crafty goals for this coming week are: 1) do a final finish on a cross stitch piece, 2) finish leg of sock #2, 3) work on all my rotation pieces, 4) work on hexies,  and 5) work on snowman applique.  That should keep me off the streets and out of trouble!  Not counting my cleaning and clearing goals for this coming week.  I'll share those tomorrow.  

That's all for today.  I hope you all had a great week and are staying safe and healthy.  I'm off to make eggplant parmesan and get ready to watch the last of the NFL play off games! 

Happy Trails!!!
 

16 comments:

Maureen D said...

I LOVE your plan for how to rotate through projects!! I may have to reapply that. Usually I get stressed when I start too many projects since I'm afraid I'll forget where I'm at and how to knit it. That's great idea and it adds some variety to each week. Plus I know it's good ergonomically to rotate between projects of different sized needles. Duh, never thought to apply a weekly rotating schedule. Thanks for shaking the cobwebs out of my old brain.

Leftycrafter said...

What a great rotation plan you have. I so want to get back to my xstitch but am trying to be patient and wait until our weather gets so warm, I do not what any yarn on my lap or running through my fingers. I have enough xstitch projects to see me through the entire summer. Although, if we do any traveling (God willing) they do not make good traveling projects like socks and dishcloths do. Your finished little project is so adorable. Your next small project is super cute too. Thanks for sharing her website with us. I may need to go and have a little look around in there. Have a great week, Sam.

Alissa said...

I’m a knitter so of course I’m drawn to your sock and the sea glassstitch marker. 😊

Becki said...

Sam, I admire your discipline to create a rotational plan to stick to it - or so it seems. I love all your projects. Curious what you're going to make with the cotton granny squares. Going to go back and look through some posts I've no doubt missed. I hope you have another good week upcoming!

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Actually, the granny squares are going to be made into pin cushions or just little decorative pillows. You make 2 the same and make a little solid coordinating pillow to fit and join the squares around the pillow. Lori Holt has a tutorial on You Tube.....just search for Lori Holt.

Miss Merry said...

The snowman is just adorable. My granddaughter came to visit today and her doll was wearing a jumper with a similar applique that I had made for her mother's doll many years ago. As soon as I saw it, I thought - I need to find that pattern!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

The snowman is really cute! You are making progress!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I keep trying to get myself organized and on some sort of schedule for certain things but seem to abandon it all rather quickly. I don't know how you keep up with so many projects. Cute cross-stitch finish. I did a recent snowman freebie that was quick to stitch up. Also lots of crocheting. Always love a good granny square. Take care. Have a good week.

Betsy said...

You are so organized and I really like the idea of rotating through projects. I'm already thinking of how that could work for me. I'm hoping to have a lot LESS time for crafting when we move home. I plan to spend a bunch of my time with Piper, just playing with her. I have a lot of time to make up. Crafting can wait! I like the idea of the granny square pillow pin cushions. I even have one so why haven't I thought of making them for others?
Have a wonderful and fun week Sam.
Blessings,
Betsy

HighlandHeffalump said...

Hehe what a nice surprise to see my progress keeper making an appearance. I think your plan sounds great and I have been thinking of implementing a similar one so that I manage to fit in time to weave each week and do more spinning as well as knitting and maybe starting a new crochet project. I will aim to do that this week inspired by your plan. I initially thought it was a mighty big worm that chicken had pulled out of the ground but then realised he is decorating the tree. That’s what comes of reading a blog without my glasses on 😂

lovestoSwatch said...

goodness me you've kept yourself busy! Interesting point on the rotation - I need more discipline to be able to follow such a scheme, but given how well it has worked for you, I will give it a try!

Breathing Life said...

Your rotation is a good idea. I seem to be a pretty monogamous crafter, but if ever I get more than two wips on the go I will introduce your idea.

Jeanna said...

Sounds like you've come up with a good rotation plan. Sunday is my sampler stitching day also. Although, I did not stitch on one yesterday...errr.

Cinna Knits said...

I'm always amazed by the amount of projects you get to work on! And they are all darling!

Loving the sock too!

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional crypto trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact Carlos Trading Signal for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 8,500usd with little investment funds. Carlos Trading Signal you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)
I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.