Monday, January 25, 2021

Monday

 I love Mondays now that I'm retired.  I loved my job/career but I am a homebody.  I was able to work from home on occasion and I loved it!  I mentioned yesterday about my rotation schedule of craft projects.  Well, I have the same thing for my cleaning and de-cluttering/organizing projects.  

At the beginning of this year I wrote down all the things I want/need to do in all areas.  It was a brain dump.  Then I have a list of monthly chores, weekly chores, and daily chores that are repetitive.  For my weekly plan which I usually do on Monday morning, I incorporate items from the Master List, the monthly chores and the weekly chores.  After I have my weekly plan I divide it among the days of the week and id my BIG ROCKS or the most important items that need to be done that day.  High on the list are always food and clean clothes.  

Today was make the eggplant parmesan that I didn't get around to yesterday but I had a supper for last night.  My next cleaning and organizing project is the porch.  I had a bunch of blankets out there that I had used to cover my plants outside when we had frosts.  Those are in the washer now.  The other BIG ROCK  was empty and reline the garbages and get the big container out to the street as they pick  up early on Tuesdays.  Once the BIG ROCKS are done then I pick other things to do on my list.  Even if I get nothing else done I know the most important things to keep my home running smoothly are finished for the day.  Trust me, my list for today had lots on it!  What doesn't get done today will go on tomorrow's list so nothing falls between the cracks.  If I think of new things during the day I write them down with an S in front of them which reminds me to schedule them.  So far, I'm off to a good start and still getting things done.

 We had a great storm this morning with thunder and lightening and a driving rain.  I lit the candles and had a cozy morning enjoying my coffee and catching up on the news.

I finally got my eggplant parmesan put together and it is waiting to go in the oven............I had to use my camera flash today because it was so dark in the house.........

I worked on hexies while watching the game last night.  I only made it to halftime and that was it for me so I had to logon this morning to find out Kansas City won!!!  Yay!!! This will be the last full hexie and the rest are partials.




Today I worked on The Star on breaks............

Every day I get an email from the Modern Mrs. Darcy book blog and podcast.  She tells you about good books that are on sale.  Some of those ebook sellers have the worst taste in books but Mrs. Darcy is right up my alley!  I picked up this one today....downloaded to my kindle.  Most of them are $1.99 to $4.99 and some are audio too.  Anyway, I picked up 2 today............most of the ones she chooses she has read or have been recommended to her numerous times by her readers.   She said she loved this one so I got it............

I also picked up this one.......because don't we all want to write a book before we die?  I think I'd better hurry up!

I'm currently still reading Sylvia Browne's  A Psychic's Guide to our World and Beyond...The Other Side and Back.............it makes a lot of sense to me..........and then I'm almost finished with Murphy's Law by Rhys Bowen; a mystery series about a girl from Ireland that my daughter recommended....so far, so good!

I'm going to go sit down and go through some paperwork.....ughh!  But it must be done!

Happy Trails!!!




10 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Why do we wake up on Monday with the most energy. You did get quite a bit done before you wrote this post. And to think you are still doing work after posting.............yup, that is a lot of energy. I like your thought of BIG ROCKS. I never thought of some of my daily/weekly items that have to be done to keep the household running smoothly. Your star xstitch is pretty. Looks like you got quite a bit done on it today.

Miss Merry said...

I was so much better at accomplishing things when I worked. I was just thinking today that I used to get up, shower, dry my hair and put it in hot rollers, make up, dressed, packed my lunch and put supper in the crockpot - possibly ran a load in the washer and moved to dryer, started my car, did my hair and drove 30 minutes to work to arrive by 7:45 to make the coffee.

Well, it didn't take long for all that to go out the window LOL

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are organized! I am not THAT organized! Hope you have a great week!

Betsy said...

I like your lists. I need to get more organized. Like Miss Merry, I was more organized and got more done when I worked full-time. Now I think I have plenty of time and waste too much of it.
It snowed all day here, I would rather have rain and thunder. Mandy said it snowed all day in Omaha and was still snowing when I talked to her this evening. No school for Piper today and it was already canceled for tomorrow!
I'm ready to go home. I want to get started on the rest of our lives. I'm trying to be patient. Not a strong point for me.
Take care Sam, don't work too hard.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've also tried to create a routine/schedule for cleaning and being the procrastinator that I am, the to-do list just keeps growing while I tend to get nothing on it done and do everything else instead. :) Who knows, one day maybe I'll get my act together. Some days I get a sudden burst of energy and think, I need to clean that or do this and I'm all in and wind up spending hours organizing. :) Currently reading two books; working on a granny star blanket; crocheting hearts; walking once or twice a day. Think I need to find another cross-stitch project to add to the mix. :) Take care.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

On Writing well is one of my favorite resources.

Jeanna said...

So a funny thing...when I was reading the first few paragraphs about organizing and planning, I thought you should write a book! LOL...and there you go. You SHOULD write a book.

felisha green said...


This professional hacker is absolutely reliable and I strongly recommend him for any type of hack you require. I know this because I have hired him severally for various hacks and he has never disappointed me nor any of my friends who have hired him too, he can help you with any of the following hacks:

-Phone hacks (remotely)
-Credit repair
-Bitcoin recovery (any cryptocurrency)
-Make money from home (USA only)
-Social media hacks
-Website hacks
-Erase criminal records (USA & Canada only)
-Grade change

Email: cybergoldenhacker at gmail dot com

Cole Taylor said...

I am Simmone Sills from Spain, I want to share my testimony on how i got the blank ATM card. I was so wrecked that my company fired me simply because i did not obliged to their terms, so they hacked into my system and phone and makes it so difficult to get any other job, i did all i could but things kept getting worse by the day that i couldn’t afford my 3 kids fees and pay my bills. I owe so many people trying to borrow money to survive because my old company couldn’t allow me get another job and they did all they could to destroy my life just for declining to be among their evil deeds. haven’t given up i kept searching for job online when i came across the testimony of a lady called Caro regarding how she got the blank ATM card. Due to my present state, i had to get in touch with Hacker called Alexander Williams of alexanderhackers01@gmail.com and he told me the procedures and along with the terms which i agreed to abide and i was told that the Blank card will be deliver to me without any further delay and i hold on to his words and to my greatest surprise, i received an ATM card worth $1.2million USD , All Thanks to Alexander Williams , if you are facing any financial problem contact him asap email address is alexanderhackers01@gmail.com

Unknown said...






TODAY I GOT MY DESIRED XMAS LOAN AMOUNT $520,000.00 FROM A RELIABLE AND TRUSTED LOAN COMPANY. IF YOU NEED A LOAN NOW EMAIL CONTACT drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

Hello, I'm here to testify of how i got my loan from BENJAMIN LOAN FINANCE(drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com) I don't know if you are in need of an urgent loan to pay bills, start business or build a house, they offer all kinds of loan. So feel free to contact Dr. Benjamin Owen he holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly without cost/stress via Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

Consider all your financial problems tackled and solved ASAP. Share this to help a soul right now THANKS.