Saturday, April 16, 2022

Almost became Dorothy last night!

 As in the Wizard of Oz and come to think of it , they always broadcast that movie around Easter time (tornado season).  Anyway, I spent a good amount of time in the basement last night as we had a "tornado emergency".  I was very surprised because I usually pay close attention to the weather but there were no watches or warnings.  My phone went off and said to get to a place of safety immediately!  I did and it missed us just by a hair as it was an "observed" tornado and was on the ground.  I still haven't heard if anyone was hurt...I hope not.  There was damage farther east of us and there were cars that were overturned on the highway.  So, I was very grateful when it ended and I still had a nice soft bed to crawl into!

I got a lovely Easter present and card from the Iowa gang.........4 boxes of assorted Nonni's biscotti which I love!  I have them with my coffee in the morning....thank you Iowa Gang!


The bird feeder and the hummer feeder were busy today..........



I spent the day cooking...I made a lime pear jello salad and sausage kraut casserole.  I really didn't plan for Easter at all which is unusual.  I typically make a nice ham dinner for Easter but there was so much going on with the lawn, gutters, thermostat, doctor appointments, and storms, that it was here before I knew it! 

Happy Trails!!!
 

 

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness Sam! I'm so glad that the tornado decided to miss you. How scary. I've been there and I do understand.
Wishing you safely and love on Ressurections Suday.
Blessings,
Besy

Leftycrafter said...

Glad to hear you are safe. That is the reason I no longer live in Kansas. Not a tornado fan. You got some great photos of the birds at your feeders. May you have a blessed Easter.

Cousin Kay said...

Beautiful birds! Easter kind of got away from me too this year. Happy Easter!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So glad you are safe! Happy Easter!

Miss Merry said...

I love your funny!!!! And I am so grateful you are okay. Tornado warnings are so scary. I remember when my kids were little, we always seemed to move to warnings or on the ground when my husband was at work or out of town. No basement, so I would huddle in our windowless hallway in the center of the house with all five kids, pillows, blankets, flashlights and a transistor radio. Scary times.

A few years ago we were traveling from Ohio to New York when all our phones flashed a warning as we stood in a rest area parking lot. We were not the only ones without any common sense; the whole parking lot got out of their vehicles and we all walked around comparing our phones and looking at the sky. We later found out a tornado passed very close by our location.

Happy Easter!

Lucy Bowen said...

So glad you didn't meet the wicked witch! Glad all is well and you can see the birds.

Jeanna said...

Weather has been just nuts this year. Happy that you were safe and the tornado did not cause you any damage.