Thursday, April 28, 2022

Health mystery solved............

 I haven't posted because I was sick again.  The sharp pain like I had last month.  I diagnosed myself after googling a lot and yesterday I saw the doctor and he confirmed it.  I thought I had kidney stones and I do...but I have kidney sand...the precursor of stones.  That was the reason my kidney function blood tests were high also.The solution is exercise and drink plenty of water!  So, I did 10 jumping jacks this morning and some side bends....no push ups...not yet anyway...lol!   Also, anything acidic is good...apple cider vinegar, lemonade or lemon juice, I imagine cranberry juice and I've been drinking it but the kind with other fruits mixed in....not the same evidently.  I came home and grabbed the vinegar and took a big swig....  not smart!  My throat burned for quite a while!  I drink water but I know I don't drink as much as I used to.  He told me as we age our thirst mechanism doesn't work as well so we don't get thirsty but we need to force ourselves to keep drinking water.   I'll keep you informed but let me be your reason for drinking more water and to keep moving!  You do not want the pain of kidney stones/sand!

I did get a treasure in the mail while I was gone yesterday....my Philosophy........which I dearly love.  I'm not a perfume person but Amazing Grace just smells fresh and clean which is what I love about it.

Printed on the bottle of shampoo/bath and shower gel is this statement.....

philosophy: life is a classroom.  we are both student and  teacher.  each day is a test, and each day we receive a passing or failing grade in one particular subject: grace.  grace is compassion, gratitude, surrender, faith, forgiveness, good manners, reverence, and the list goes on.  being the smartest, the prettiest, the most talented, the richest, or even the poorest, can't help.  being a humble person can, and being a helpful person can guide you through your days with grace and gratitude.

Well said!

  I did manage to put some stitches in my April cross stitch.........

Almost done...maybe a finish by Sunday?  Now, I'm off to the bank and to do some outside work....the weather is gorgeous!
    
  Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

So glad you finally know what is going on with your body. Thanks for the hydration information. Your April xstitch is pretty. Looks like you will have a finish shortly. Love the philosophy quote.

Cousin Kay said...

So glad you have a diagnosis. From what I've heard, a kidney stone attack is extremely painful. Now you know what you need to do to prevent that.

Miss Merry said...

You poor thing! I am glad you are better and that you figured out what is wrong. Now to listen to the doctor! I know the cool thing my adult daughters have now is a large water bottle that has all kinds of ounces on the outside. It also tells you what time of day you need to match the water level for the day. You just drink, drink, drink.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

That sounds good. there's also an app for a fit bit but not sure mine qualifies....I'll look into it. I refill 12 oz coke plastic bottles....have for years and so I keep track that way.

Jeanna said...

Lack of movement certainly canNOT be an issue for you. You are always so busy so I can only assume you don't drink enough water. Happy that you diagnosed so quickly. We've been away until early this week so I am spending the weekend catching up on all my blog reading...you'll see evidence of that with all my comments LOL.

Lucy Bowen said...

I'm glad you got an answer quickly and hopefully can ward off stones. The cross stitch is looking great and I'm glad your weather is looking up!