Saturday, April 23, 2022

Treasures and an FFO! (fully finished object)

 Today is Dogwood Days here in our town....I went once when I first moved here and I haven't been back since! LOL!  I'm definitely a recluse.  My neighbor is the social butterfly....she does it all and if I want to know about anything going on all I have to do is call her.  She's a fountain of information.

So, I stayed home and Final Finished my wool hooked heart rug mat........I was going to make it into a pillow but decided to just make it a table mat...........here's the back of it.......it's hard to stitch/hem because the monk's cloth backing is like burlap....a very loose weave that unravels easily...........

Here's the front after steaming........you need to steam wool rug hooking...I use a wet towel on top of it.  It makes the loops lie down nicely and the design shows up better..........

I got some treasures in the mail.....floss

a DMC floss card that shows the colors and numbers of all the flosses.  There is one that actually has samples of the floss but that one is really expensive........

Then, because I couldn't waste the shipping charge on floss alone......I ordered 2 new patterns that have been on my wish list for awhile............There are 3 small patterns in this booklet and I will be doing all 3 of them for Maynia...........

The Prairie Schooler pattern is the 12 months of the year...holiday style which I can't wait to start....they will be so nice as bowl fillers....or on a tier tray..........

 Yesterday I made brat and cheddar soup and today I ironed, did some laundry, and organized my XS fabric.  Now I need to go order more supplies........

 

Here's a little humor for you........

Happy Trails!!!



 






 

8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your hook project is cute as a pillow. Where do you order your floss from? Do you only use DMC? What is your favorite floss? I notice you get a lot of Prairi Schooler patterns. Is that your favorite pattern supplier? I like small xstitch projects so looking for the best place to get them.

Becki said...

Oooh... I love your hooked heart rug mat, Sam. So cute. Chuckling at the cartoon. So true... :D

Miss Merry said...

Love your mail treasures, but love your hooked heart mat more! It is just adorable!! I am so jealous of a "FFO". I need to set some goals!

Betsy said...

That cartoon is hilarious and oh so true right now. The winds have been awful and we've been in high wind warning for the majority of the last month!
I love your finished project. It turned out beautiful. Your new goodies look like fun too. I need to find some bookmark patterns and get started on Christmas gifts.
Brat and cheddar soup sounds wonderful. You make the best things.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute cartoon! You had fun shopping!! :)

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I order from 123stitch usually and there is also Everything Cross Stitch. Prairie Schooler is my favorite designer....123stitich carries their patterns. I use mostly DMC but I am slowly getting some hand dyed flosses when a pattern calls for them but they are expensive....$2.50 a skein as opposed to DMC at about .59 a skein but the hand dyed are really pretty especially on areas that are larger like houses and roofs or grass. Good luck! I am trying to go smaller too.

HighlandHeffalump said...

I’ve been missing you on Sundays in our YOP group, so I’ve just caught up on all your blog posts about tornadoes, being poorly and have seen your recent FOs. It says I’m subscribed but for some reason I don’t get your posts emailed, like I do Mary-Ann and Marsha’s. I hope during stitch-mania you share the links with us so we don’t miss out on any finished WIPs. Working on WIPs sounds a very good idea, you’ve so many wonderful projects you’ve started over the years.

Jeanna said...

Rug hooking is a craft I've managed to avoid but I do love the look of it. Your heart will make a nice pillow or table topper.