Thursday, April 21, 2022

Stitch Maynia is coming!!!

 Yes, it's almost here and I have to get ready!  But it is not going to be 31 new  projects...no sirree!  I won't be doing that again.  I will be focusing on WIPs (works in progress) of which I have many!  I may start a couple new  projects, mostly smalls for holidays but the rest will be working on those WIPs!  I also won't be working on a new project every day.  I'll divide them into categories which I haven't decided on yet.

I did have a finish yesterday..........except when I was  uploading the photo I realized I didn't put the holly around the bottom berries on the sign....so I guess I can't technically call it "finished" but here it is anyway............

I brought out one of the Stitch Maynia projects as I am waiting for floss on a few others......I have the rest of the floss for this one now..........there will be 16 stars when it's done and it is full coverage!  I really enjoy working on this piece.........

Today I went to the bank to start the process of putting my daughters name on my safe deposit boxes.  I also got in touch with my lawyer from up North and he said you do not have to make a new will when you move out of state..it's good where ever you are.  He also said since I have changed things myself on all the accounts I probably don't need a new will anyway but I am going to finish this process and send it to him and he said he would look it over for me.  The executor of my original will has died.  He was my tax and financial advisor and he moved to Myrtle Beach after having started a very successful company which I am still with.  He was only 56!  He was such a nice man too....I started with him when he was just starting out and he did my taxes. 

Anyway, after all that I came home and did laundry and cleaning.  My one cat, Grace, has a problem keeping her butt in the litter box so I finally took an old vinyl tablecloth and put it under the litter box so it would be easier to clean up if she doesn't "make it"....no more "pets"!  The Spotbot got some use today!  I also packed up more boxes of books and took some things to the basement.  If it doesn't storm, I will be going to Mountain Home next week for lab work and Dr. appointment.  I will drop a car load of stuff off at the Salvation Army. 

Speaking of storms we had a great one last night!  I was in bed reading and it was the ultimate cozy storm... a severe thunderstorm which is the kind I love!  

Yesterday I got my Spring Mrs. Meyers Lilac cleaning set.........it smells so good!  No chemical smells as they only use essential oils and natural ingredients.

Here's a little humor especially for my friends up North......you know who you are!

Happy Trails!!!



9 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Stitchmania sounds like fun. So 31 days of stitching? Maybe I will join you this year. I have do many xstitch projects I want to work on. That means I need to get this shawl completed by the end of next week. Is there a place to go and read more about this? I wish we would get some rain here. It is soooo dry. Lots of forest fires happening here already and many evacuations.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes that is almost what our birds look like1 Nice stitching!

Miss Merry said...

I had a feeling who you were referring to in your funny! I think working on your WIP is a great idea. I have so many projects I have started and really need a system to get them finished! I love your stitching santa.

Betsy said...

I know you had to be talking about Connie in your funny! We're almost as bad, but no snow. Although it did snow, sleet and rain on Easter and Monday too. Tomorrow is supposed to be 90 and we're having thunderstorms right now. It's craziness!
Love your finish and your plans for stitch mania. I should join you as I would like to get a start on some Christmas gifts.
The will things is strange. When we moved to Washington we were told our Nebraska will was no good so we had another made. Then when we moved back last year we were told we needed another one because the Washington one was no good! Personally I'm thinking it was lawyers wanting to charge us three times! But at least we know everything is in order now. It's good to have your daughter on the box. When we lived in Spokane, we had Mandy on ours, just in case.
Take care Sam and stay safe in the storms. Oh, are you feeling all recovered from your sickness Monday?
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

A very good idea to finish up what you've already started. I'm doing a 100 day project, something creative every day, so really have some planning to do, but often am figuring last minute what I want to work on. I should make a list and get myself organized but seems procrastination is my middle name. Wish I could find Mrs. Meyers cleaners here. Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world. There's much to be concerned about, so blogging each day is giving me something positive to work on. Take care.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

I would just Google Stitch Maynia and I'm sure you'll find plenty! There is also a group on Facebook. There's all different ways of doing it. Some people do 22 projects since the year is 22. Some just do WIPs and some start all new. It's whatever you want to do. The FB group is a great place to share and see what others are doing.

www.self-sufficientsam.blogspot.com said...

Yep, fine now! It only lasted that one day thank goodness. Thank you for thinking of me.

Leftycrafter said...

Thanks for the info. Gonna do my 2 WIP xstitch and hopefully get at least one completed.

Jeanna said...

I've never participated in Maynia...the original version nor any of the variations of it over the last few years. However, I have a plan simmering in my brain of how I can do it this year. I look forward to seeing all you stitch.