Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Money drain!!!

 This has been an expensive month! To top it off my thermostat went out!  So, I called Mike  (my HVAC guy) and he said he's send someone out which he did and it is fixed.  They will send me the bill......that will be a fun surprise...not.  Meanwhile, I asked Mike when they had installed my HVAC system and he said 2006....16 years ago (seems like yesterday).  I then asked him how long they last and he said 16 years!  That Mike's a funny guy!  We both had a good laugh over that one.  When I go to bed tonight I will pray for a small bill and that my HVAC keeps going!

We've had storm after storm here which I don't mind as long as they're not harmful.  We've been lucky here but other places not so much. There's more coming tonight and tomorrow.  The red buds are in full bloom......my lilac bush is up that I planted last year but no blooms yet...............

My Easter lights arrived for my tree.....I still have to put the decorations on...........
 
My cross stitch is a perfect representation of our Spring right now.......

I hope you are staying safe and getting greener as the days go by...............

Happy Trails!!!




7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Homes can be an expensive to own. We are referring to ours as a money pit right now. With getting the inside updated along with renewing the outside paint and gutters. Yup, not for the faint of heart.

Miss Merry said...

I am always just shocked at 1. how old I am. 2. how many years ago we bought this house (1979), 3. how long ago we put the "new" roof on the house, 4. how long ago we installed "new" windows, 5. how long ago we installed the "new" furnace and 7. how long ago we had the house rewired. My husband was just saying we will need ANOTHER new roof and to replace the replacement windows in the next few years. It is always something, isn't it?

Far Side of Fifty said...

Upkeep on homes is expensive! Hope the bill isnt too high! 16 years is a long time for a Heating Cooling System...ours went at 3 or 4 years old. :(

Betsy said...

Oh, I hope everything goes well with the A/C and that the bill is a fraction of what you think it will be. You can always hope anyway. I think we were lucky here and most everything was done in the last 10 years or less. Except the furnace, it's over 15 years old.
Love those Easter lights and the beautiful cross stitch.
We had a doozy of a storm this evening. Tornadoes and all. I guess morning will tell if and where there was any damage. The thunder and lightening were crazy. There's nothing like a midwest thunderstorm is there?
The sirens were going off and I was standing on the porch watching the lightening and the hail bouncing off the driveway. Usually I'm the first one in the shelter. I don't know what I was thinking!
Have a lovely Wednesday Sam!
Blessings,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It's been dusty and very drab looking around here. We had our a/c cleaned this past week since the heat has started. Thankfully that doesn't cost too much.

Jeanna said...

Love your Easter tree as well as the cross stitch. Hope your weather doesn't take a turn for the worse!

Lucy Bowen said...

Hope the storms clear soon and you stay safe. I often think I'm in my own version of The Money Pit, but I always come through!