Sunday, May 1, 2022

YOP Week #44 Year 11

I'm back, after dealing with a mystery illness that came and went but hopefully now is gone!  I had the precursor of kidney stones and the pain would come and go at different times so I never knew if I would be feeling well or not.  Now, I am better, drinking GOBS of water, taking apple cider vinegar tablets and extremely grateful!  Meanwhile, I have gotten a few things finished.......


and finally...........

no final finishes but I need to do at least one of those a week as I have a container full of finished items!

By the way......it's the first of May...........

and that means Stitch Maynia!!!  My floss isn't arriving until tomorrow but I have old Stitch Maynia projects to work on and in keeping with the month of May....here is what I am working on today.......

Yesterday was Blackbird Saturday so I worked on this......I only have one more finger to go!


Since I finished the Prairie Schooler Santa I dug out another Christmas WIP and worked on it a bit but I'm also waiting for floss for it.........


My little lilac bush that I planted last year bloomed!  I picked them all just to make this little bouquet and boy do they smell!  I love lilacs............

This week I had my doctor appointment and lab work which I was glad to get out of the way but they still want me back next week for a wellness check?  Huh?  Insurance companies wanting more money!

This week our garbage people have a junk day pick up that they do twice a year so you can put out just about anything.  Ive been dragging stuff out to the curb and hope to get rid of a bunch.  I went grocery shopping this morning because it is supposed to storm tomorrow and for the next 3-4 days.  I need to make dinner so I probably won't get to reading everyone's post until tomorrow.

Here's a funny I thought you might enjoy.............I've had medical on the brain this week!

Happy Trails!!!
 







11 comments:

Cousin Kay said...

Love lilacs too!

Leftycrafter said...

Three lovely finishes. Your April one is perfect. Looks like May has a good start to it. You cartoon is funny.

Miss Merry said...

My lilacs are just starting to bloom. Your bouquet is wonderful! So many finishes! Good for you!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, Glad you are feeling a bit better! Keep on with the water! The pain of kidney stones is awful. Do you have someone who can feed the cats and give them water if you end up in the hospital?? (Too bad I do not live near) Nice finishes and work in progress!
On a side note many people cannot leave a comment on blogs that have the embed comment form like you do. I changed mine to the pop up form. You can Go to settings and change it.

Maureen D said...

What fun stitch work you have. I don't do needlecraft but enjoy seeing yours. Best wishes with your well check up.

Jeanna said...

Your cross stitch projects look great. Congratulations on completing them. I really love the Prairie Schooler Santa.

Between Me and You said...

That's what my last colonoscopy felt like!!!Continued good health to you.

Alissa said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Your lilacs are lovely! My lilac died after contracting a bacteria or fungus last year. It hasn’t come back. I may try again with a new one in a different spot.

Cinna Knits said...

Your lilacs are beautiful! I can almost smell them.

I gave a for real out loud laugh over the colonoscopy comic. THAT'S FUNNY.

Some of your stitches are SO CLOSE to being done!!

Breathing Life said...

So glad to see you back. I hope the mystery illness remains far far away. I did wince at your cartoon about the tapeworm....can you imagine?
All you cross stitch looks amazing - how many projects do you have on the go? I would lose track if I had more that three wips and I am much more comfortable with just one.

HighlandHeffalump said...

That’s great to hear you are doing better, I’m sure the health checks are a hassle but it’s good they keep an eye on your health. Your lilacs are very pretty and I can imagine the smell. Congratulations on your 3 finishes. I suspect this is going to be the start of a month of finished objects. I’ll need to remember to check your blog a few times a week to ensure I don’t miss anything.