Sunday, May 15, 2022

YOP Week #46 Year 11


 Welcome  dear friends!  I hope you had a great week.  I did as I got a lot of work done on my Swedish Death Cleaning and I have a whole Tahoe full of stuff to take to the Salvation Army tomorrow.   I have my "wellness" doctor appointment in Mountain Home and it looks like the weather is finally going to cooperate.  We had a great storm the other night and we might have one tonight too but tomorrow is looking clear and sunny!  I'm hoping to stop at Lowes and get some plants and maybe Hobby Lobby for whatever....I'm sure I need something there.

I still managed to get some cross stitch done and I am meeting my Stitch Maynia goals of  one finish per week during May.  The first week was the folk art bird and this week was the alphabet sampler.  It was supposed to be a pin cushion but I think it's a bit large for that.  I'll be looking for a bright red enamel apple pin/charm to add to it and if I do make a pillow out of it I will be adding some red rick-rack to the edges.

I then started the July folk art ornament..........

People say they have a hard time stitching on black but I don't have a problem which I'm glad of since I prefer the black fabric to the charcoal gray...........

I work on my Giant Granny Square blanket every evening and it is now bigger than the other one.......not sure when I will call it "finished".....for now I'll keep going............

While I was cleaning I found my Mary Englebreit Cross Stitch book and inside was an ornament that I had started..............

Here's what the finished ornament looks like.......I was making it for me since it was representative of what I looked like as a little girl...........

Here's how far I had gotten............unfortunately, it was just stuck in the book so I have no clue as to what colors I used but I will look at the pattern and see if I followed the suggested colors and go from there................

I'd like to put ornaments in my rotation as a regular project.

My Smilax vine bloomed this week.............there are several but here is a picture of one of them...such pretty and unique flowers...............

I hope to finish the July ornament this week and I need to order some trims for some final finishes I have planned.  I also need to start planning YOP 2022-2023 not that I ever stick to them but maybe I will this time! LOL!

Have a great week!

Happy Trails!!!







7 comments:

Miss Merry said...

You have been busy! Love, love the black sampler. I would make it a pillow, too, even if you need to add strips to the sides. We continue to be under "severe thunderstorm watch" but they go right, left, north, south - so we end up watering every morning since Mother Nature doesn't do it for us.

Cousin Kay said...

I love the little "Sandra" ornament. It reminds me of you as a little girl.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are making progress! Swedish Death Cleaning...LOL...that needs to happen here too!

Betsy said...

You are definitely a busy, busy lady. Love all of the progress on your cross-stitch projects. The alphabet would make a great pillow. The little girl is darling.
Swedish Death Cleaning. Hmmmm. I should read more on that. I don't have the energy to do anything at all right now. I caught a head cold from Alex and I still have no voice and a terrible cough. Still not covid though thank goodness. Just no energy.
The rain is all going around us. We were supposed to have rain for 8 hours over night and not a drop fell.
Blessings,
Betsy

Breathing Life said...

I have that plant too - I call it a hoya. I do love their flowers and how honey drips from the blossoms.
Swedish Death Cleaning - I am intrigued - Did you mention what that was in a blog post I missed? I will have to go back and check.

Sweet xstitch find in that book. I am sure you will be able to find just the right colours knowing your floss stash. It will be perfect hanging on your Christmas Tree.

Maureen D said...

Wow. What a unique plant. I don't that I've seen that flower before. Your cross stitches are so cute and fun. Your blanket is so colorful and fun.

Between Me and You said...

They have the cleaning book at my library so I've just ordered it but there's a queue (well, one other person waiting for it). Sounds just what I need because although I have my will organised, I could do with a few pointers about everything else. One daughter-in-law has practically begged me not to leave it all to them to sort out when I finally shuffle off this mortal coil. My aim is to please!