Sunday, May 8, 2022

YOP Week #45 Year 11


 
and to add to that just remember...........

Not much crafting done this week as I was monogamous on one cross stitch piece and I'm almost done..........this is a Prairie Schooler pattern of monthly folk art ornaments.....this is June.  I know I said I was going to work on Hands On Design's May but I changed my mind......I'll finish this up today and then tomorrow I'll start a new XS design.....a little alphabet pin keep........the bird has been a really fun stitch!

I'm still working on my Giant Granny Square in the evenings.....it's growing!

This morning I made myself a nice breakfast and after I post this I am going to start my watercolor painting.  By next week I should have a masterpiece to show you! LOL!

I received a lovely card from the Iowa gang yesterday........

Here's a little Mother's Day humor...

Happy Trails!!!




11 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Happy Mother's Day!! The joy of retirement is that we don't have to do anything we do not want to. And we can also do what we want to! I love to see all the projects you are working on and can't wait to see your watercolor.

ceulanfibres said...

Lovely cross stitch.

Betsy said...

My kids will agree with that last photo! Just today I called Alex by his brother Jamie's name. :-) It's always been that way. I do. it the other way around too. And I call Mandy by my sisters name and vice versa!
Love your cross stitch and I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I sure did. The kids and baby J took Dennis and I to a picnic in Queen's Park, just a few blocks from their London home. There were lots of people there enjoying a picnic. Tonight Alex made us wonderful pesto pasta. He is a great cook. I also heard from Mandy and Jamie so it was a perfect day;
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Maureen D said...

Wrong name... happens all the time!! Looking forward to your beautiful watercolor. Hope you had a nice day. We had terrific weather for a change!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hope you had a great day! Have fun with the water colors!

Leftycrafter said...

I really like the bird on the black cloth. Very different. I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

HighlandHeffalump said...

There’s no rules, so a change of mind is fine and this is a very cute xs with the bird eating a berry. Have fun with your watercolours.

Jeanna said...

I've change my mind so many times that I often find myself back to the original plan in the first place. LOL Your cross stitch looks great. And the cartoon is hilarious.

Anne P said...

It is sometimes more fun to switch up projects and work on what catches your fancy than to stick with a plan. Loving the cross-stitch design you picked to work on!

Cousin Kay said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day! The watercolor book looks cool.

Breathing Life said...

I love your humour. My mom would start calling everyone's name but mine, and even throw in a couple that weren't even in the family. Sigh. Fourth of six - I guess it was to be expected!