Sunday, May 29, 2022

YOP Week #48 Year 11


 The last time I posted was last Sunday...where does the time go?  I've spent a lot of time running between the rain drops!  Finally the sun came out and it looks like it is going to stay dry for awhile.  I had to cancel the vet appointment for Grace as there were trees down, power lines, and flooding.  Oh, and we lost power...again.  I finally got a grocery order in and picked that up yesterday.  

I've finished Stitch Maynia 2022 and accomplished my goals for it.  I finished one cross stitch project each week and more.

Here's the one I finished this week....it will be a scissor fob eventually...........

I also pulled out a patriotic WIP and finished it..........I'll probably frame it but it isn't one of my favorite XS projects.  It was a SAL (stitch along) and I should have used a darker fabric so the white would show up better.....oh well.....it's a finish.........

Yesterday I started back on my regular rotation for XS and it was Blackbird Saturday............almost done....just need to finish the thumb.  I think this will be a pin cushion...maybe...............

Today is Sabbath Sunday so I'll be working on my God Bless Our Home.  I need to revisit  my rotations and there is a project that I want to finish that needs to be brought out again.

I did get some "haul" this week..............Lori Holt's crochet project bag panels.  I have her other one.  I need to get busy and make project bags....I need them and they are too expensive to buy in MHO.

I couldn't resist this charm to go with it.........

My yard is like a wildlife refuge...............last week the mother deer and baby who still come through every day.....then of course we have the bunnies..............

and this week we had another surprise visitor.....a groundhog................when I first saw him he was standing up on his back legs...too funny...my neighbor said he came right up to her patio door and looked right at her as if he wanted to be invited in.........NOT!

That's all for this week.  I've been working on my laundry room getting it cleaned out and I am moving a litter box in there for Grace with her own food and water.  I read that they don't like to share litter boxes or food and water.  She and Miss Peeps do not get along at all.  So, that may be why Grace is going outside her litter box.  They say you should  have a litter box for each cat and 1 extra.  I do have 3 but was hoping to eliminate one but I guess not.  Grace will go to the vet next Monday and get groomed (haircut) later that week.  I also bought some spray to keep her from going back to her old "spots".  Did I say..."no more pets"?  Cleaning litter boxes is my least favorite job and is a real "back killer" for me.  

I'm also starting to clean the craft room and organize it plus still packing up more stuff for Salvation Army.  I hope you have a great week ahead and tomorrow is Memorial Day here in the states where we honor those that have given their lives so we can be free.

Happy Trails!!!  




7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

You did well on your stitchmaynia. That us some cute fabric for a project bag. Adorable charm for it too. I wish we could get some rain. Our drought is so bad and water is becoming an issue for us.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Cute project bag material! Cats can be funny and if they don't like each other that makes for a bad situation. Hope you have a good week Sam!

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, you have been busy!! Love all the projects and treasures! Pets are like tiny children, aren't they? Glad you survived the storms.

Rain said...

Hi Sam! ☺ Your cross-stitch projects are so cute, I love the ABC one! ☺ We are down to 2 cats but we still have 4 litter boxes, thank goodness it's Alex's job to clean them, I can't stand that chore! "No more pets" lol...don't we all say that??? We just adopted another dog 2 days ago! I'll post about that this week! ☺☺☺

Breathing Life said...

I always admire how you have your projects given certain days to be worked on. And oh my - a groundhog! I think you are so lucky to have them. When we were in Alberta there were lots of them and I never got tired of seeing them. Sorry about yet another power loss. Do you have a generator for the times this happens.

Alissa said...

I love that project bag fabric. I found a groundhog on our front porch yesterday. We surprised each other!

Between Me and You said...

I've never seen a groundhog!!Thanks for introducing me to him/her. Loving your project bag fabric. You're always so busy.