Wednesday, May 11, 2022

I couldn't upload last night for some reason............

 But I'm here today!  I have so many flowers in vases....now I know why I save vases........I cut the blooms off of the hyacinth and tulip plants........


and then I took the plants out and planted them in the horse trough.............I've got my solar butterflies out there too but one is missing...it will turn up eventually............I also put soil in the trough first from all the plants from last year.............and I planted seeds from my mums.......

Luther and his wife came last night and did the lawn....what a treat and they do a better job than I ever did.  Of course, they weed whack which  really makes a difference!  When I went out this morning to water the trough I noticed the peonies were blooming!  I can't see them from the house so I cut them and brought them in....they smell so good!

Also, much to my surprise, the raspberries which were always in the woods have now migrated into my yard so I will have no trouble finding them nor will I get ticks on me from going in the woods!  Although, I've already had 2 on me and they spray my yard....but it has been so wet and that's what they love.  I forget to spray myself before I go out.....deet is the only thing that repells them that I know of.

The Iris are blooming too...........I have Japanese Iris out by my mailbox but I forgot to take a picture of them..........

I did do some painting Sunday but just a test page for wet on dry watercolor painting.  I have primary colors and I'm not very good at mixing so I bit the bullet and ordered the set she recommended with the colors that she uses for the pictures.  They should be here this week!

I dug out some patriotic fat quarters I got at Walmart years ago and a few patriotic finishes that I hope to final finish this week...check back on Sunday to see if I kept my word!

I received my new Brita pitcher in the mail!  Ta Da!  The other one lasted me about 16 years except for the filters.....that's pretty good!

Yesterday was garbage day, I washed a load of clothes, made egg salad for lunches and pork chops and gravy with green beans for supper.  It was a full day but a good one.  I hope your week is going as planned.

Happy Trails!!!




 






6 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Such beautiful flowers. Our spring flowers are about done. Now we will be looking to our hardy summer plants to provide some color.

Betsy said...

Your flowers are so pretty, I can almost smell the peonies. My iris hasn't started blooming yet.
Love the patriotic fabric and it will be fun to see what you come up with for a finish.
We've had our Brita pitcher for years although I hit the top on the sink several years ago and broke the flippy lid off. It still has one little peg on the side so we're careful and it still works fine.
Take care and enjoy your day.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Miss Merry said...

Busy girl! It is fun to see your flowers as you are a week or so ahead of me in Northern Ohio. I was looking at my iris today and it looks like I should be getting a lot of flowers this year! My lilac has finally started to blossom too.

Love the watercolors!!

Cousin Kay said...

I love peonies. Yours are beautiful. I think Alice had peonies in her yard.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Fun to see your flowers! They are so pretty! Nothing blooming here yet, maybe in a few days a Dandy will pop up! Your new Brita filter is very pretty!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love patriotic colors and the fabric and pattern you are working on are all beautiful. I love cutting flowers to enjoy inside! Have a good evening! (I picked my first blackberries this week)