Monday, May 23, 2022

YOP Week #47 Year 11


 I'm a little late to the party but we had a real "frog strangler" of a storm with a tornado warning that got canceled. Yet,  there was a resident here that got a photo of a tornado so the weather people are not doing so well in our area.  We had 70 mph winds and I was praying my big trees wouldn't topple and they didn't PTL!  Lots of branches to pick up but no damage to trees or house.  The storm was Saturday night and 1,000's were without power including me.  It came back on this morning.  There are lots of trees down here and in neighboring towns but thank God no one was injured!  We have more storms coming tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday with flood warnings out already.  I was going to Missouri to the vet on Wednesday but I canceled this morning.  When we have storms here...you best hide! LOL!

So, with no power I was not able to post so here I am on Monday.........I was able to finish my week #3 project for Stitch Maynia.  It was the July folk art ornament.............

I started on this week's little scissor fob...........

I picked some daisies as the storm bent their stems.............they're gorgeous!

I've been working on my craft room and organizing things.  I ordered these containers from Amazon and I am storing yarn in them in my little "cubby hole" book case.  I ordered beige as I plan on painting this book case.  I got it at a garage sale years ago and I still haven't painted it.......there were 6 cloth containers for $23 including tax but one would not fit on the top shelf.  I will find a use for it though.

In cleaning my craft room, I ran across this old project.............can you guess what it is?  It's a neck tie!  I started making these for the grand boys...good for t.v. watching as it is all garter stitch until you decrease around the neck and then more garter stitch to the end.  I'm about halfway on the child size for Grayson and since Sam is so big I am making him the adult size.  At 14 he is taller than his Mother!  His Dad is 6' 4" so I imagine Sam is taking after him in height.

That's all for this week.  I hope you are all safe from storms and crazy weather.

Happy Trails!!!


7 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Your July ornament turned out so cute. Congrats on the finish. The scissor fob is going to be adorable too. How exciting to find a long forgotten project. I vet you will find those quilts from a while ago too.

Jeanna said...

Your stitching looks great! I sure hope you don't have any more bad storms. How scary that the weather folks didn't locate the tornado.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Sam, So glad the wind didn't damage anything on your property. The weather is very strange this year:(

Betsy said...

What an odd spring we're having. I actually had to turn the furnace on for a couple of minutes because it was 54 in the house! We're in a flood watch the next few days as it's supposed to rain pretty much non-stop for the next few days. I'm glad you didn't have any serious damage.
I really like your finished July ornament.
Take care of yourself.
Blessings,
Betsy

Maureen D said...

Love the tie. Looks great. Glad you all stayed safe during the storms!!

HighlandHeffalump said...

I hope you are continuing to stay safe with the additional storms. Ideal for staying in and crafting though.

Breathing Life said...

So glad you are ok - that storm sounds scary!. Good deal on those baskets - they are definitely more expansive here in Canada, but I do love mine. I got six and so far they are the perfect number for my stash of fibre and yarn. Your folk are 4th of July is lovely, and my goodness that tie is L O N G!. Take care and thank you for the pictures of those gorgeous daisies.