Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Busier than a one-armed paper hanger!!!

 Well, Monday I went to Mountain home and thankfully  the weather cooperated!  It was a beautiful day for a drive.  I wish I could take a picture of the scenery and Norfolk Lake when I cross the bridge.  I used to be so scared to drive across it.....it's huge and high! But it's amazing what you get used to. When my parents first moved down here the only way to get across the lake was by ferry.  I first went and dropped off a full Tahoe load of stuff at the Salvation Army, then it was on to Lowes for plants.  I discovered that they are not any cheaper at Lowes than at my local grocery store.  I was just grabbing stuff willy nilly and when I went to check out it was $85!  Whoa Nellie!  I guess I'll be starting seeds next year!  But I did get all I wanted and of course, a little more.  I got them all planted today..........a big pot of Gerbera Daisies...............

a cherry tomato plant especially for containers and a banana pepper plant....I couldn't resist...I love both of them........

I planted my strawberry jar with dill, 2 basil plants, cilantro, Italian parsley, rosemary, thyme, and oregano..............there's still room for more!

here are 2 geraniums with a lavender plant in the middle..............

Speaking of plants......my lawn guy cut down my dead sugar maple.....it was never happy here in Arkansas but lo and behold a sassafras tree started growing in the same spot and they are native to Arkansas so it should do well.  I have another very old sassafras tree on my property and it is a nice tree and is colorful in the fall......

My climbing roses are really prolific this year and they grow right up into my Rose of Sharon (also called a hibiscus tree).............


 Here they are way up in the tree..........


I got my water color paints last week and forgot to show them so here they are .....unused so far.......not because I didn't want to but like I said...it's been busy here.........hopefully Saturday or Sunday or on a rainy day.....

I saved the best for last.........look what was in my yard this morning........so precious!!!

I hope you are well and happy!

Happy Trails!!!










5 comments:

Miss Merry said...

All your plants look just wonderful! I was very proud of myself this year. I purchased only what was on my list. I usually get taken in by flats of annuals that try to jump in my cart. Last year, after being shut in, I went a little crazy. And it is really too hard for me to get on my hands and knees to plant them, and then a lot of work to weed and water all season. I still spent about the same as you on hanging baskets and tomato plants.

Betsy said...

Ahh, what a sweet photo to end with. I would love to plant some zuchinni and green beans in our yard but the bunnies eat the beans and the deer seem to love zuchinni. I guess I'll just try to hit up some farmers markets this summer and buy some. It sure doesn't take long to spend more $$$ than you want to anymore. It's getting a bit scary. I'm looking forward to seeing how your garden does.
Blessings,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Aww nice photo of the doe and fawn:) We bought two tomato plants today $9.96...not sure i will buy any flowers:)

Leftycrafter said...

You got some great plants. But, man, plants are very $$ these days. It takes longer to grow from seeds but quite a bit cheaper. The photo of the doe and fawn is precious.

Breathing Life said...

I somehow missed this post last week, but I LOVE all your pictures. Those deer are so sweet!