Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Back to "normal"?

 I'm feeling much better.  The pain is gone and I am sleeping well.  I went to the doctor yesterday and he agreed that nothing in my diet caused the flare-up.  He is concerned that there is something wrong and wants me to see a GI doctor.  He said it just so happens that there is a good one right there at the hospital.  He said he would never recommend anyone he did not think was a good doctor.  I trust him, and since I do not want that pain ever again...I agreed to go see him.  Not sure when the appointment will be.  I feel good actually to hopefully find out what it is.  I am thinking, of course, that whatever it is it can't be good, at my age I do have a lot of original parts! LOL!

I'm back to my Swedish Death Cleaning.  I'm packing  up things to take to the thrift store, deep cleaning the kitchen (I got interrupted when I got sick), and I'm still painting the bookshelves.   

I hadn't cross stitched or sewed when I was sick but I did do some reading....I read these books which were all good ones............these are real letters from a woman homesteader....non-fiction...very interesting.........

This book is the first book Sandra Dallas wrote and it is excellent.  It is fiction but tells a lot about the Japanese interment camps here in the U.S. during WWII..........
 

I read many of these books when they first came out but have decided to start over and read them again.  Plus, there are lots more to read now.........these are excellent also........there is a whole series of them...

Presently I am reading this non-fiction.........I am a true anglophile and I truly miss the Queen.......

for fiction I am reading the 2nd book in the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series.......

I had a nice quiet Mother's Day.  I picked up my grocery order at Walmart, filled the car with gas,  and caught up on laundry and some other chores.  I spent some time reading and just enjoying the day.  The Cedar Rapid's gang sent me a nice Mother's Day and get well package containing all O'Keefe's products which I love.  Their hand cream, foot cream, lotion, and lip balm.  I just wish they had scents.  They are great products.

I've had some pretty visitors to the bird feeder and the ground beneath..........a little hummer...

Mr. and Mrs. Goldfinch.............

Mr. Bluebird and a mourning dove..........

I even managed to do a little cross stitch.....

That's all for now........

Happy Trails!!!



 

8 comments:

Leftycrafter said...

Glad to hear you are feeling so much better. Hopefully the GI Dr can get you figured out so this won't happen again. Some interesting book titles. Have added a couple to my reading list.

Miss Merry said...

So glad you are feeling better. I always say the mark of a good doctor is when they are not afraid to refer you when they are unsure of something. I hope the new guy can prevent these attacks from happening! You take care.

Jan said...

So glad you are feeling better; hope you get some answers from the GI Dr. When I saw your "Letters From a Woman Homesteader", I remembered that I had a copy of it in my Kindle app on my Chromebook. I started reading it and I am enjoying it!

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness Sam, I hope you can get some conclusive answers from the GI doctor. This is getting ridiculous. You're so careful with your diet.
I've found a few new books too and although I haven't had much time to read recently, but we're getting settled and I hope to designate some time each day to books.
Blessings,
Betsy

Between Me and You said...

Sorry you've been poorly again. Hopefully, with the right doctor, they will get to the root of the problem. I find stress can cause my flare ups. It's not always about diet. I love the look of the homesteader book. She obviously had a Scottish connection with her surname being Stewart. Also another Scottish connection with Alexander McCall Smith books. I prefer his Scotland Street series mainly because that area of Edinburgh was my old stomping ground back in the day. He's a very interesting author. I went to a talk given by him a couple of years ago and he was very entertaining.Keep well.x

Cousin Kay said...

Glad you will be seeing a GI. All your books sound interesting! I like the Scotland Street series also, and I have also heard Alexander McCall Smith speak a few years ago--excellent!

Far Side of Fifty said...

So glad you are a bit better, good idea to see another Doctor

Jeanna said...

I hope you are feeling much better. Did you ever see the GI and get some answers?