Sunday, May 28, 2023

YOP Week #48 Year 12

 Holy Cow!  This YOP year is almost over...I haven't even thought of next year.  I'm sure it will mostly be the things I haven't finished from past years! LOL!

This week was pretty good as far as accomplishing things.  I sewed block #5 of the Block of the Month quilt after I posted last weeks YOP......totally enjoying this!

the cross stitch that got some love this week are the following beside a Christmas present which will remain a secret........

Grayson's Wolf..........gosh this is going to be big!  Maybe I'll have it done by the time he graduates from high school....

I've been working on my Sabbath stitch every Sunday.....

and Black Bird Design Saturday.....I ran out of the brown for the bird's body so I will have to order more...meanwhile there is other stitching to be done on it....

I finished the back stitch on all the letters on page #1 of the embroidery sampler book...this is addicting...I don't want to put it down!

Now I have to do the whipped running stitch around the letters in a contrasting color........

I finished the heel gusset on sock #2 and now onto the heel!

I've been looking for a simple crochet project to work on at night while watching T.V. and I think I will either make a solid Granny Square blanket or a Battenburg blanket by Cherry Heart.

I got a little painting done this week,  planted a bunch of flower seeds, made soup, and cinnamon rolls and did laundry....today is making rice krispie treats, cutting out BOM #5, more embroidery and sock heel.

I'm still reading Revenge about the Royal Family issues with Megan and Harry and it is good.  I finished Morality for Beautiful Girls book #3 in the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series.  Now, I'm reading Blood and Circuses , A Phryne Fisher mystery, book #6.  Time to order more books!  My tablet died and that is the 2nd time I have lost all the ebooks I ever purchased so I am done with ebooks for sure!  I always preferred the printed word but I was running out of bookcases so I thought it would save room.  Now, I only keep the best books and the rest I take to the thrift store.

I hope you are having a great week!  Have you started your plans for YOP Year 13?  It's right around the corner.  I love planning!

Happy Trails!!!





9 comments:

Maureen D said...


Sorry about losing your ebooks. That would be irritating. Seems like they should be "in the cloud" somewhere but sorry I'm no help in finding them. Sounds like a fun week in addition to your crafting projects.

Miss Merry said...

I gave up on e-books. Our town has those little free libraries that people put in their yards, so I look in there. If I don't find what I like, I order from ebay and then put them in the boxes when I finish them.

I am reading Susan Wittig Alberts "Queen Anne's Lace" which I think is one of her better herbal mysteries.

Betsy said...

As usual Sam, I love all of your projects that you're working on. I'm so impressed with all that you get done in a day.
I "read" a lot of books from the Libby app from our library. I enjoy listening to the books as I knit or crochet but the book I'm currently reading isn't available on that platform so I'm reading it on my kindle. I prefer print books but all of these moves have convinced me that no more books unless they are crazy good.
Hope your Sunday has been a good one.
Blessings and love,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have a kindle full of books but prefer real books...I order from thrift books...that and yarn are like rewards for me:)

HighlandHeffalump said...

That’s frustrating about the books , you’d think they’d be downloadable again on a computer or something. I’ve not read any books by or about Harry and Meghan, but I think it’s a real shame how miserable he always looks and bitter he seems since he has been with her. He was everyone’s favourite royal and now is almost the least favourite. Such a shame.

Between Me and You said...

It you have an Amazon account, your books should still be there. I recently had to replace my old Kindle with a Kindle Fire and when I registered it, all my stuff came back, including some precious pics thankfully.Backing up stuff to the cloud ensures your things will survive!!! Love all of your needlework.

Susan said...

You do pack a lot of variety into your sewing & crafty pursuits...the sampler looks very interesting.

Leftycrafter said...

Look at all that stitching you accomplished this week. And getting the heel flap done is great progress. I use the app Libby for my ebooks. They are free and I am able to read them via my kindle app.

Jeanna said...

Grayson's wolf is going to be amazing. I love the colors so far. I've never participated in YOP but maybe I should now that I have all of my craft stuff out of storage.